Oct 20, 2012 · 9:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Come join us in supporting our Children's Cancer Research fundraising program by participating in the Hobo Couture Fashion Photo Shoot! We'll be shooting in the city around a construction site and some urban boarded up houses, which will be the perfect backdrop for this urban and edgy fashion style. Fashionable Causes is gearing up to produce our own line of fashion posters and calendars. The sales of these products will generate money that will be donated towards research programs that specialize in pediatric oncology. We'll also be collecting $5.00 donations to support our charity fundraising program.
Embrace your tattered jeans, baggy sweaters and tattered accessories! New fashion that incorporates an almost homeless-like clothing appearance, including many layers of clothes that are often ripped and otherwise damaged. The look was largely inspired by the Olsen twins’ style.
Models will also be asked to be prepared by choosing your wardrobe in advance and submitting photos of you wearing it to [masked] by Tuesday October 16th 11:59 PM so that we can approve your wardrobe choices, or help you improve them.
Who should attend:
- Make Up Artists
- Volunteers to Assist with Wardrobe Changes, ect.
Staggered Arrival Times
9 AM - Organizers, Models, & Make-Up Artists
10 AM - Photographers, Assistants, & Volunteers
- Please bring Photo ID for age verification.
- Please bring 2-3 outfits total (which you must submit for pre-approval before the shoot…see instructions above!).
- Please bring your modeling bag. Come prepared with:
- assortment of shoes - bring different colors, heels & sandals so we can match them to wardrobe
- make-up and brushes (We will have a MUA on site if you need help)
- baby wipes
- make-up remover wipes
- assortment of appropriate undergarments for your outfits
- safety pins, small sewing kit
- small hand mirror
- hair pins, hair spray, brush, comb, hair tie, curling iron, flat iron
- cottons balls, cotton swabs
- emergency items (Tylenol, migraine medicine, tampons, antacid, razor)
- water bottle
- Please arrive to the photoshoot on time with hair, and basic make up done. Do not apply powder make-ups until you get therebecause it will be difficult for the MUAs to alter. You should be dressed in your first outfit. Based on feedback from your pre-approval submissions of outfit photos, we may provide additional clothes or accessories specific to you.
- Please bring all of your own equipment: cameras, lenses, lighting, etc.
- Feel free to bring along an assistant who can help carry equipment and assist you during the shoot.
- Please bring Photo ID for identity verification.
- Digital delivery of unedited photos is required before you leave the shoot so that we can immediately start screening photos to be used for the fundraising campaign. This is our policy.
- Please bring a $5.00 donation to help support our fundraising campaign.
- Photo ID is required! No ID = No Participation.
- Everyone will be required to fill out a volunteer information form and sign a photo release form.
- Children and teens under the age of 18 must have parent permission form signed by a legal guardian. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Images will be available for portfolios.
- Bring water and a lunch box so you stay hydrated and don't get hungry.
- Remember the photos taken at this event belong to Fashionable Causes and you cannot sell the photos, make profit from them, or give another person/company/organization permission to sell or own the photos. They may be used in your portfolio as a demonstration of your ability as long as credit to Fashionable Causes and other participants is given.