December 20, 2012 · 10:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Calling all models, make-up artists, hair stylists, and wardrobe stylists!
Fashionable Causes is hosting our first editorial photoshoot and the theme is The Modern Marie Antoinette. We'll be shooting in the elegant George Peabody Library at John Hopkins University, which is renowned for it's beautiful architecture. Marie Antoinette was an 18th century spoiled Austrian princess who became the over indulgent, fashion-crazed, rococo rockstar Queen of France. She is the originator of Haute Couture fashion that has inspired designers like Christian Dior and Chanel. Marie Antoinette flaunted high fashion and lived the lifestyle of a rich brat during a time that France was experiencing financial turmoil. In this editorial we will showcase our interpretation of the Modern Marie Antoinette who is a young fashionista that achieves the appearance of the princess lifestyle through high fashion looks that are affordable in our current troubled economy. This fashion editorial will be a part of our fundraising campaign for Children's Cancer Research.
Space is limited. We have a photographer, and we only need 3 models, 1 MUA, 1 hair stylist, & 1 wardrobe stylist. You will not be allowed to attend if you have been a "no-show" in the past. Commitment and professionalism of participants for this event is essential to its success.
$10 donations will be collected at the time of RSVP. These donations cover the administrative costs of producing the photos, editing, making photo CDs, and postage fees to mail the CDs for your portfolios. Our events are much like a walk for cancer where donations are collected when you volunteer to participate, only our fashionable charity events are much more fun! Your small donations make a huge impact because we are able to put more of our sponsor's money towards finding cutting edge cancer treatments for the children who need it.
Who should attend:
- Make Up Artists
- Hair Stylists
- Wardrobe Stylists
- Please bring Photo ID for age verification.
- Wardrobe will be provided for this event.
- Please bring your modeling bag. Come prepared with:
- foundation and make-up just in an emergency case where the MUA cannot make it
- make-up and brushes
- baby wipes
- make-up remover wipes
- assortment of appropriate undergarments for your outfits
- safety pins, small sewing kit
- small hand mirror
- hair pins, hair spray, brush, comb, hair tie, curling iron, flat iron
- cottons balls, cotton swabs
- emergency items (Tylenol, migraine medicine, tampons, antacid, razor)
- water bottle
- Please arrive to the photoshoot on time with clean face, plenty of rest, and prepared to get started.
**For MUA, Hair Stylist, Wardrobe Stylist, & Designers*
- Photo ID is required! No ID = No Participation.
- Everyone will be required to fill out a volunteer information form and sign a photo release form.
- Children and teens under the age of 18 must have parent permission form signed by a legal guardian. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Images will be available for portfolios.
- Bring water and a lunch box so you stay hydrated and don't get hungry.
- Remember the photos taken at this event belong to Fashionable Causes and you cannot sell the photos, make profit from them, or give another person/company/organization permission to sell or own the photos. They may be used in your portfolio as a demonstration of your ability as long as credit to Fashionable Causes and other participants is given.