The Fat Tuesday Blues Jam is made up of a growing community of serious hobbyist musicians and one simple concept: musical camaraderie. Our aim is to make jamming fun again by providing you with everything you need to just focus on playing:
1) A state-of-the-art, professional performance space
2) Gear*: guitar and bass amps, drums, a piano and a professional PA system (just bring your instrument)
3) A house band comprised of patient, supportive and experienced professional musicians
4) A regular schedule: jams are held monthly
5) A supportive environment w/ no attitudes or egos allowed - just great players, cool tunes and a fun hang
In addition to the actual monthly jam sessions, we’ve also created opportunities for you to stay active in the weeks between each jam:
The blues faculty @ WCMS have created nearly a dozen blues practice tracks based on the exact tunes covered in each jam session to keep you jamming and learning all month long.
Want to try out a new lick or get a song’s chord changes down before the next jam? Head on over to our WCMS Soundcloud page to get started (www.soundcloud.com and search for Winchester Community Music School - click on the Fat Tuesday Set). Best of all? They’re free!
Hosted by Boston-area singer/songwriter, harp player and WCMS Harmonica Faculty, Tim Gartland (timgartland.com)