align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Fayetteville Makers Message Board › Makerspace Name Ideas

Makerspace Name Ideas

Tony
user 81078642
Group Organizer
Fayetteville, NC
Post #: 3
One of the things we discussed at the meeting tonight was what to call our new venture. This is technically two different things, since we will need to choose a name to incorporate under, and one to do business as. These can be the same, if we like, or different (except for the inc, corp, LLC, etc part).

Tonight I suggested "Creators Gym" to encapsulate the fact that we are all creators, and that the space is operated like a gym, in that there are monthly memberships, a wide selection of shared equipment, classes, personal trainers, etc, and that people will go there to exercise (their inspiration). This would be my first choice.

My second choice would be "Creators Garage" since many of the things people will be doing here together is what they would otherwise be doing alone in their garages, which perhaps they don't have, or are being used for other things.

Since we don't all agree yet, lets take some time to submit suggested names and explanations, then debate the various alternatives. Later, we can take a vote and see which one survives.
Tony
user 81078642
Group Organizer
Fayetteville, NC
Post #: 4
Two more: how about Maelstrom Epicenter, or Creatopia? It should be unique, and appealing to tenants of the coworker space as well as to the makers. Feel free to suggest variations.
Tony
user 81078642
Group Organizer
Fayetteville, NC
Post #: 5
Here is another to think about: Tesseract.
Its a 4 dimensional hypercube so it relates to art/geometry/technology, sounds good as an address for the co-workers, and as an events venue.

http://www.youtube.co...­
Jenny (Inara R.
user 12447007
Fayetteville, NC
Post #: 18
I like the creatopia... additionally, I like the concept of space in general as it refers to it. Perhaps if we look at the ultimate intent, that it is a space for people to come together... I think that is why I like the creatopia.
Jenny (Inara R.
user 12447007
Fayetteville, NC
Post #: 23
Shared space is another cool concept