Fayetteville Makers Message Board › interested in collaboraters

interested in collaboraters

Kevin
user 106187552
Fort Bragg, NC
Post #: 1
Good evening Faykers!

Firstly, please don't take the name derivation negatively. I often find myself with little or no time, but I have a project I've been working on for quite some time and would like to extend an invitation to this meetup and see what kind of response I find. I'd like to develope a "Rapid Air Delpyable, Small Unmanned Aircraft System" for furthering Army airborne operations. I'm aiming for the platform to fit inside an army MOLLE sustainment pouch and meet most of the http://www.uavforge.n...­ mission requirements tested in 2012.

If any Faykers are interested please get in communication with me and we'll see if anything is feasable.

Thank you all for your time,

-Kevin
Tony
user 81078642
Fayetteville, NC
Post #: 7
Kevin, this is exactly the kind of thing we want to do in the group ... be a place where people can do their own thing, work with other collaborators on their own projects, and work on projects coordinated within the makerspace. I would like to discuss this project with you further, can you attend tomorrow's meeting?
Kevin
user 106187552
Fort Bragg, NC
Post #: 2
Tony,

I probably won't be able to attend, the location is close to FT Bragg, which is awesome, however I don't know if I'll be able to get the time this morning.
Tony
user 81078642
Fayetteville, NC
Post #: 8
We can talk at another time, then. Is this at the "just thinking about it" stage, or have you already been working on something?
Kevin
user 106187552
Fort Bragg, NC
Post #: 3
I've been "just thinking about it" for about a year now and have a rough road-map to the development process worked out, and some investment into equipment to get the project literally "off the ground." I'd definitely be interested in a sit-down to discuss the project with anyone who was interested in collaborating with me. My largest difficulty is allocating time required to make progress on the project. With such a large project set as a goal and already a heavy work and extracurricular schedule my time is far less then what I would like to keep the project moving forward. As soon as I picked up momentum 3 months ago my wife and I had our second child and progress has fallen into a ravine; however it is still my primary goal (which is annoying me).