KIck-off Meetup: Tuesday, January 7, 6:30 p.m.
Skype and wifi available
• 6:30 p.m. Tutorials (I could start with Practical Data Science for Data Scientists - Proposed GMU Course, and hope that others would offer to do tutorials as well) and Refreshments
• 7:00 p.m. Introductions and Announcements (10 seconds per individual depending on the size of the group)
• Remarks by Dr. George Strawn, Director, NITRD/NCO and co-chair of the Federal Big Data Senior Steering Work Group
• 7:15 p.m. Featured Presentation/Demonstration (where did you get the data, where did you store the data, and what were your results) See Below
• 8:30 p.m. Networking/Individual Demos (talk among yourselves and look at one another's work)
• 9:00 p.m Continue Your Conversations Elsewhere (We need to clear out of the space)
Semantic Big Data Science Application: Semantic Medline on the YarcData Graph Appliance for the Federal Big Data Senior Steering Work Group that our Semantic Data Science Team made a good presentation of to Lee Watkins Jr., Director of Bioinformatics at the Institute of Genetic Medicine Center for Inherited Disease Research (CIDR) recently. See Cancer Immunotherapy
See Wiki for more details
Second Meetup: Tuesday, February 4, 6:30 p.m.
• Continue Data Science Tutorial: Healthcare.gov Data Science, Brand Niemann, Semantic Community
• What Went Wrong with the Obamacare Web Site, and How Can It Be Fixed? and Why the First Rollout of HealthCare.gov Crashed, an Architectural Assessment, Eric Kavanagh, Inside Analysis, and Geoffrey Malafsky, PSIKORS Institute
• Healthcare.gov Prototype Video, Kees van Mansom, Be Informed
Third Meetup: Tuesday, February 18, 6:30 p.m.
• Continue Data Science Tutorial: Modus Operandi Semantic Knowledge Base, Brand Niemann, Semantic Community
• Wave All-Source Semantic Fusion Engine: Eric Little, Modus Operandi, and Department of Defense Metadata Engineers
• Fourth Meetup: Tuesday, March 4, 6:30 p.m.
• Continue Data Science Tutorial:Graph Databases and Bigdata SYSTAP Literature Survey of Graph Databases, Brand Niemann, Semantic Community
• Bigdata SYSTAP, Michael Personick and Bryan Thompson, SYSTAP. Bryan Thompson, Chief Scientist of SYSTAP, LLC will speak about their SYSTAP open source graph database platform. Highlights will include support for highly available replication clusters as well their recent work with accelerated graph processing on GPUs at 3 billion traversed edges per second.