December 30, 2013
I can give a demo of PowerPivot.
DataCommunity DC, Python Meetup....
I don't live near a Metro Station, but do work near one. I do use Skype.
No introduction yet
We have frequent results-focused meetups that provide opportunities for a broad community of participants to focus on big data products for the Federal Big Data Initiative:
• Federal: Supports the Federal Big Data Initiative, but not endorsed by the Federal Government or its Agencies;
• Big Data: Supports the Federal Digital Government Strategy which is "treating all content as data", so big data = all your content;
• Working Group: Data Science Teams composed of Federal Government and Non-Federal Government experts producing big data products; and
• Meetup: The world's largest network of local groups to revitalize local community and help people around the world self-organize like MOOCs (Massive Open On-line Classes) being considered by the White House.
The Federal Big Data Working Group Meetup is also about helping government agencies develop:
• People – Data Scientists/Chief Data Officers
• Process – Data Infrastructure
• Products – Data Publications
• Eastern Foundry
And provide MOOCs/Meetups for training and networking.
Five MOOCs for Big Data Applications and Analytics:
• Practical Data Science for Data Scientists by Niemann Based on Schutt and O’Neil Book
• Data Science for Data Mining by Niemann Based on North Book and Borne Class
• Federal Big Data Working Group Meetups by Niemann and Goodier
• Data Science for Tackling the Challenges of Big Data, MIT ProfessionalX Online Course by Niemann Based on Rus and Madden MOOC
• Data Science for Big Data Application and Analytics MOOC by Niemann Based on Geoffrey Fox MOOC
• Data Science for Mining of Massive Datasets by Niemann Based on Stanford MOOC (IN PROCESS)
• USDA Data Science MOOC by Niemann based on USDA CIO and ACDO on Open Data Plan and Roundtable Meetup
See: Semantic Community and Federal Big Data Working Group Meetup
Xcelerate Solutions actively promotes the Federal Big Data Working Group
3,841 Modev Members
Meetup members, Log in