We have frequent results-focused meetups that provide opportunities for a broad community of participants to focus on big data products for the Federal Big Data Initiative:
• Federal: Supports the Federal Big Data Initiative, but not endorsed by the Federal Government or its Agencies;
• Big Data: Supports the Federal Digital Government Strategy which is "treating all content as data", so big data = all your content;
• Working Group: Data Science Teams composed of Federal Government and Non-Federal Government experts producing big data products; and
• Meetup: The world's largest network of local groups to revitalize local community and help people around the world self-organize like MOOCs (Massive Open On-line Classes) being considered by the White House.
The Federal Big Data Working Group Meetup is also about helping government agencies develop:
• People – Data Scientists/Chief Data Officers
• Process – Data Infrastructure
• Products – Data Publications
And provide MOOCs/Meetups for training and networking.
Five MOOCs for Big Data Applications and Analytics:
• Federal Big Data Working Group Meetups by Niemann and Goodier
• Data Science for Big Data Application and Analytics MOOC by Niemann Based on Geoffrey Fox MOOC
• Data Science for Mining of Massive Datasets by Niemann Based on Stanford MOOC (IN PROCESS)
• USDA Data Science MOOC by Niemann based on USDA CIO and ACDO on Open Data Plan and Roundtable Meetup