Federal Hill Book & Wine Club Message Board › Meetup details changed: Book and Wine Club March Meeting- Hunger Games by Su

Meetup details changed: Book and Wine Club March Meeting- Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

patti j.
PattiJefferson
Group Organizer
Baltimore, MD
All,

Due to  the overwhelming response we've received for our first book meeting, you may have noticed that I increased the number of spots available. However, Metropolitan had some size limitations, and we really can't fit more than 14 at the very most. Accordingly, we've moved the location to Corks, which is just a few blocks up, on Charles Street.

We will have the upstairs to ourselves.  Corks has an excellent wine list and is better able to accomodate our numbers.

Finally, if you rsvp'd for this event and can't make it, PLEASE change your rsvp by this Thursday. We have 7 people on the waiting list who very much want to attend.   If you are on the wait list and no spots open up, I highly encourage you to set up your own smaller book discussion for that evening. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone this Sunday.

Patti

When: Sunday, March 27, 2011 7:00 PM

Where: Corks
1026 South Charles Street Federal Hill
Baltimore, MD 21230
410-752-3810

You can always get in touch with me through the "Contact Organizer" link on Meetup: http://www.meetup.com...­
A former member
Post #: 1
Maybe those of us on the wait list should start making a plan to meet and discuss the book as well? What do you guys think? I'll take the lead on planning something if anyone else indicates interest in attending the smaller book discussion. Just let me know.

Miranda
A former member
Post #: 45
From my experience at various meetup events, it's pretty likely that there will be no-shows...so if people on the waiting list did come to Corks, I would imagine that the day-of, several spaces will open up.
patti j.
PattiJefferson
Group Organizer
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 8
My suggestion would be for people on the waiting list to plan to meet at Corks. I have to give seating priority to the 18 people on the attending list, but if there are no shows by 7:10, I can let you know and you can join us. We just really have a size limit in the room. But there should be plenty of tables downstairs, so if need be, you could always discuss the book there. I hate to exclude people, but I don't want us to be crammed in like sardines either.
aderonke
user 13345380
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 1
Ss anyone interested in meeting to discuss the 2 books that follow "The Hunger Games"?
Aderonke