addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Federal Hill Book & Wine Club Message Board › Gently used books needed

Gently used books needed

A former member
Post #: 3
As a teacher in Howard County, I'm involved with their reading council and they are working on an initiative called "Everyone Reads" which would like to put books in the hands of children and adults. It's titled "Laundromat Literacy"- By placing a bin of books in a few local laundromats, it is our goal to share the gift of literacy with these customers. Children and adults can pick a book to read and keep. The appealing posters will promote the value and joy of reading. There will also be stacks of bookmarks for people to take. The bookmarks promote reading across the generations and genres.

Please let me know if you have any new or gently used books that you would like to donate for this project. I could pick them up from you at the next book club or find another way to pick them up. Adults & children's books will be accepted! Thanks for your help! :)

Roy
user 14246296
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 2
I picked up a whole stack of books that no one wanted from the last book swap (it was the night that Corks closed, so you probably weren't there). I'll try to bring them to the next meetup along with a box that you can use to carry them home. There aren't that many books, but it'll help with any extras.

Are you looking for any kind of book? I may have one or two old software manuals that I can add. They may be older, but the software is still used. Word of warning: they're H-E-A-V-Y.
patti j.
PattiJefferson
Group Organizer
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 14
I will bring books for you to our next meetup.
A former member
Post #: 2
As a teacher in Howard County, I'm involved with their reading council and they are working on an initiative called "Everyone Reads" which would like to put books in the hands of children and adults. It's titled "Laundromat Literacy"- By placing a bin of books in a few local laundromats, it is our goal to share the gift of literacy with these customers. Children and adults can pick a book to read and keep. The appealing posters will promote the value and joy of reading. There will also be stacks of bookmarks for people to take. The bookmarks promote reading across the generations and genres.

Please let me know if you have any new or gently used books that you would like to donate for this project. I could pick them up from you at the next book club or find another way to pick them up. Adults & children's books will be accepted! Thanks for your help! :)

Carolyn-
My parents have a ton of books they want to unload. They are all Sindey Sheldon/James Patterson type books. Let me know if you're interested. I can meet you somewhere to drop them.