Federal Hill Book & Wine Club Message Board › Sunday Meetup- A Confederacy of Dunces

Sunday Meetup- A Confederacy of Dunces

patti j.
PattiJefferson
Group Organizer
Baltimore, MD
Hey everyone! A few announcements:

• first, the annual Federal Hill Chili Cookoff is this Sunday, 4 p.m. at Little Havana.  I will be there yet again, competing. It's $5 at the door (which goes to the schools in the neighborhood and other community endeavors) for lots of chili (I think there are 28 competitors), drink specials and a band.  So why not come before the book club meeting- eat a lot of chili and vote for me!
  • second, I know a bunch of people were excited about meeting at Captain Larry's. two things to keep in mind: a) they don't take credit cards, so bring cash. There is an atm there; b) because we can't make reservations, seating is spotty. Hopefully we can all sit together, but it is unlikely. It does, however, seem fitting to meet in one of fort avenue's awesome dive bars for this book.
  • third-we have a waitlist for Sunday, so if you aren't going to make it, PLEASE change your rsvp.
  • fourth- talk about premonition!  It's almost like the Ravens won because they knew we'd be reading a book set in New Orleans this weekend, and it would just be too depressing if they weren't on their way there. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, please don't tell me).

See everyone Sunday!

Patti