Feed the Homeless, Los Angeles Message Board › May 26th 1:00pm / 628 South San Julian 90014

May 26th 1:00pm / 628 South San Julian 90014

Molly S.
user 11952385
Group Organizer
South Pasadena, CA
Hi Members,

Thank you for signing up! Our first event is this Saturday at 1pm. We are blessed to find this opportunity to give and impact our local world.

Many have volunteered to bring food, drinks, and paper goods. THANK YOU. We are missing FORKS (can someone bring a box of forks for the mac n cheese and potato salad) and we are missing a SALAD or other VEGGIE or FRUIT dish (remember to bring dressing too). 

For those bringing a dish, remember to bring your serving utensils!

PARKING: You could drive directly up to the mission on San Julian and I will be there with a volunteer to receive your food/drink item while you find parking. There is no parking on San Julian. There is parking within 1-2 blocks of the mission in the surrounding area. Please read meters carefully and bring quarters.

NOTE: It'll be a beautiful sunny day, so don your sunglasses, cap/hat and sunblock.

If you aren't able to bring food this time, come anyway and give in other ways.  For example, just ask someone "would you like me to pray for something specific?" or "what are your needs, how can I help you?"  Sometimes, I just ask "what brought you to this mission?" 

I'm looking forward to meeting every one of you and joining hands as we try to do the right thing in our own small way.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/10/homeless-veterans-report-hud_n_821433.html­

Did you know war veterans are 50 percent more likely to be homeless? Huffington Post article attached.

Molly

626-421-8409 cell/text