Film Fans and Socialites of Reading Message Board › What film for 21st Feb?

What film for 21st Feb?

Oli S.
OliSeaman
Group Organizer
Reading, GB
Post #: 4
To get the ball rolling, I've checked out some films we could see on 21st Feb.

Of course, some of these may not be showing by then, so this is all guesswork for the moment.

Please reply here with any of these that you'd particularly like to see, or wouldn't go to see, or already seen etc.

We'll go with the most popular so remember - your vote counts!

Do click on the 'wikipedia page' link for more information (or check out the film at imdb.com) but watch out for 'spoilers' as wikipedia give a synopsys of the whole film including the ending.

Here's the candidates...

Bride Wars - Kate Hudson, Anne Hathaway
"Two best friends are pitted against each other when their wedding dates clash."
Wikipedia page

Frost/Nixon - Frank Langella, Michael Sheen
"A dramatic retelling of the post-Watergate television interviews between David Frost and Richard Nixon."
Wikipedia page

Role Models - Paul Rudd, Seann William Scott
"Warm-hearted adult comedy."
Wikipedia page

Revolutionary Road - Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet
"Golden Globe Winner. Leonardo DiCaprio & Kate Winslet reunite in this drama based on the Richard Yates novel"
Wikipedia page

Seven Pounds - Will Smith
"Emotional story of a man who will change the lives of seven strangers forever."
Wikipedia page

Valkyrie - Tom Cruise
"A small group of men hatch a plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler."
Wikipedia page

Click 'reply' and let us know what you think.
Please mention more than one film, don't just name one you want to see, so we can get a consensus between all of us.

Happy choosing,
Oli
A former member
Post #: 4
Would have to be revolutionary road as I have seen all the others.
A former member
Post #: 6
My choice would be Revolutionary Road
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi- My suggestions would be Revolutionary Road( Sam Mendes is a great director and his wife, Kate Winslet, has already won a Golden Globe Award for her portrayal in this movie) OR Frost/Nixon which has gotten wonderful reviews and is directed by Ron Howard who makes excellent films. The other movies mentioned were not well received, at least not by American critics ( I'm from the States...) So anyway, I hope to make it to the Meetup!!
A former member
Hi Oli,

thanks for all the work with setting up this group and getting the ball rolling! :)

I haven't seen any of those so either would be fine although I cannot stand Kate Winslet anymore so I would probably not come to "Revolutionary Road", sorry....

Either of the others would be fine for me!!

Nicola
A former member
Post #: 6
Even the trailer to revolutionary road looks awful I think for the first time ever watching one it made me not want to see it! Darren (usually easily pleased)
Oli S.
OliSeaman
Group Organizer
Reading, GB
Post #: 5
How interesting... feeling stong for RR so far, though 3 are positive and 2 are negative.

But could you give your views on more than one film? It's not possible to get a consensus of feeling from all people about all films if you only express a view on one.

Meanwhile, just after posting that I watched Jonathan Ross's film show, which was pushing both Doubt and Benjamin Button as being very strong films... and I expec they'll both be showing by 21st even if some of the previous 6 aren't.

...so too many choices!
Archana
Archana1905
Maidenhead, GB
Post #: 3
Hi

I am ok with Revolutionary Road. But Yes Doubt seems good. I am not about Benjamin Button, I saw a review and they showed how similar it was to Forest Gump.

Shelley
user 6281220
Maidenhead, GB
I'd be up for almost any of these - haven't seen a film in a while now! Seven pounds sounds interesting then you've got the 2 films based on historical facts. Bride Wars would probably be my last choice as I'm not into cat fights even for a comedy!
A former member
Post #: 5
At least Bride Wars has Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway starring in it. Phwoarr !