Are you ready to make a big impact on the big screen? Or do you want to create thrills in your webisode? In this three hour seminar, you'll get everything you need to write the next high adrenaline movie.
Here's what you'll learn:
• The difference between super heroes, transformation heroes and anti-heroes
• Five other character types that make it easy to write your action movie
• See the TWO things that every action movie MUST have
• Tools and tricks for creating suspense any time in your movie - no matter what's happening
• The classic action plot devices
• How to create a villain people love to hate
• How to create and/or sharpen your premise line to make the most of your premise
• How these movies grab and audience and keep them at the edge of their seat.
• How use the tricks of the trade to make each scene deliver
• How masters of action: James Cameron, J.J. Abrams and others make simple scenes exciting
• How to create characters that deliver emotion the audience craves
• To the the most out of this lecture, see the following movies: 300, Dark Knight, Fast and Furious, and Iron Man.
You'll leave feeling inspired and ready to write!
Class is $5 for the first hour or $25 for 3 hours and access to the video of the class for 1 month.
MORE ABOUT PETER RUSSELL
Peter Russell is a master story teacher and script doctor who has helped shape film story for Brian Grazier and Ron Howard at IMAGINE "Einstein Project", Alex Schwartz and Cary Granat at WALDEN FILMS "Chronicles of Narnia", Sunta Izzicupo at CBS Television Movies of the Week, as well as PARTICIPANT MEDIA, "Ocean Warrior", VIACOM, and many others.
In 2005, Peter discovered a true passion when he began teaching film and television story at UCLA's Entertainment Division of the Extension School.
Peter's energy, entertaining style and true passion for his subject won him UCLA's Teacher of the Year in 2009.
In 2009, Peter created HOW MOVIES WORK a film school that now teaches film classes all over the world, as well as in classrooms in Venice and Beverly Hills, California. Recently HMW has begun to offer movie classes online as well, at howmovieswork.com. Screenwriters who have graduated from HMW include Vladimir Nagorney and Hal Oszan, both of whom credit HMW for helping them sell screenplays to major producers here in LA and to international studios in 2012.
Peter's book HOW MOVIES WORK, is coming out in 2013 on Focal Press.
In Peter's earlier career as a script reader he read over 5,000 scripts for the studios and developed a set of tools based on the patterns that he saw in the very best of these stories. Peter's seminars have become legendary because he teaches using these original tools -- and believes that the best way to teach them is to show how the greatest contemporary moviemakers use them. Peter's classes use many clips from recent hit movies to illustrate his points. The proof, he believes, is in the pudding -- and showing students how the patterns he's discovered actually work in movies like
DJANGO UNCHAINED and INCEPTION, in SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK and ONCE, are the best way to drive home his lessons.
In fact, there is nothing Peter loves more than showing aspiring movie story makers just how hit movies work. It's his true passion. In his classes, people tell always tell him "I finally get it!" His students take the same class two or three or four times. His lectures get read, and re-read, viewed and re-viewed, time after time. Because they work. Because the patterns he shows his students help them make original stories.
There's no higher compliment Peter could receive than that. He loves his work!
And making his students love their own work, and up their own storytelling game, is his ultimate reward.