Prospective new members, if you are serious you must attend a TEXTILED meet. That means we meet you in person, with clothes on. If we have met you somewhere previously, make sure you write me and tell me that. Many of our new members we meet at nudists resorts.
Our next TEXTILE meet (to meet prospective and new members)
Gators dockside!! November 13th , 6:30 PM 8650 Baymeadows Rd, Jacksonville, FL (edit map) Jacksonville, FL">
Textile (clothed!) meet and greet for new and existing members. We officially begin at 6: 30 PM. We will be seated in separate room to the right side as you come in. Located on Baymeadows near I-95.
IMPORTANT: We are NOT a cyber group. We are real people, who actually get out from behind their desk, and go out and meet other folks who happen to like being nude in a social setting. f you have come to this site from prurient curiosity and wish to leer at photos, you will be sadly disappointed. Joining will not further your interest. Please leave joining for those few who wish to shed clothes and be discreetly comfortable with others. We do not want ranks full of posers or wannabees who want to observe from a distance.
Because we seek active regularly participating members, we are not accepting memberships for folks who live outside the First Coast area (there are exceptions)
Our goal is to have happy active members, whether it be ten or 100. The key word is active. If you join and you are not active for quite a while we will assume you are no longer interested and we will gently remove you from our rolls. Couples and singles females have historically been free the first year. So if you join and then do nothing, expect to be bounced. Single/solo males must pay their dues as soon as they are accepted. Generally, with exceptions, we will not accept a single or solo (married or partnered, Significant Other not participating) unless we meet you at a textile meet, or we have met you at a resort. (More later on this subject) .
WHO WE LOOK FOR: This is a place for naturists, nudists, and open minded people to meet, greet, and have fun in our birthday suits. There is definitely a need in the greater Jacksonville and the First Coast area to have a way to gather with and meet other folks who are like minded. There are other non-landed groups in Jacksonville and the surrounding area. The membership in general will ultimately decide if we need to exclude persons. It will not be because of their sexual preference, race, or the lifestyle preferences they choose in their private lives as long as what they do is legal. How they behave in a social nudity setting will determine whether a person is someone we want to socialize with.
YOUR PROFILE: Couples need to include the names of both members, and a good email address. One profile per couple please. If you are a single or solo man and we have met you at a resort, please tell us that. Other Single guys...your first inclination is to hit "join". We are chock full of single guys at the moment, and if you want to join, you better present a good case why you would be good for our group by completely filling out our little questionnaire. If we write you and you do not respond, consider yourself declined. If you write a questionnaire and do not answer the questions, consider yourself declined. If you are a paid member of a resort like Suwannee Valley Resort, or Sunny Sands or Cypress Cove. Please let us know that upfront, as that is indeed an important factor to us that would actually help you become a member here. If You are an AANR member or a TNS member please indicate that.
SOLO MEN SOLO WOMEN: If you are married, or partnered, and the wife (or husband, or significant other) does not want to be a nudists, and you do, AND, you can participate without causing yourself domestic strife, and group drama, then welcome. Membership dues are presently $20.00 a year. There is no charge at present for anything else. This year, we are waiving fees for M/F couples (both members attending), and single women. Above all, we want to be inclusive, not exclusive. Your participation and willingness to get to know other members of the group, and ability to act correctly in a social nudity setting will determine your satisfaction and enjoyment in this group. I encourage all members of this group to join TAN (Travel America Nude) , the newest organization of resorts. AANR (American Association for Nude Recreation (and do it through us for best price!!, or The Naturists Society (TNS) It's better and cheaper when you affiliate with a resort.
1) There are several paths to membership in our group. Our member nudists, who've observed or participated with another nudists and give the group a recommendation is the best way to bring in a new member. Referral from a member of this group will pretty much close the deal. We trust our members to only refer the best of the best, who respect the ideals of social nudity, are great folks, who fit in with other folks well, and are well behaved. This obviously includes folks that are met in the process of a group event at a resort or a beach. We often invite new members based on our observation (and resort vetting). Basically, if a clothing optional resort accepts you, you've already jumped a major hurdle to becoming a member. If you are a total newbie, and have sadly lived your life in textiles, but seek inner peace and the freedom of nudity, we can be the place for you. However, we will weed out posers and wannabees very quickly. Because nudism is such a social lifestyle, we feel that if you are not willing to come out to a meetup and meet us and socialize with us with your clothes on, we're not certain that we want to be nude around you. So for single men trying to join the group, it is absolutely important if you are serious to attend any textile meet that is scheduled. You will not be invited to join the group until you do, and you will not be allowed to attend nude events (except resort or group events) until you do go to a textile meet. It's your chance to meet us and decide whether you like us, and whether we like you.
2). We are a Nudist group. Clothing optional may be exercised at times, especially if the weather or air conditioning is chilly. Just like nudist resorts, the pool and hot tub are nude only in most nudists homes. You'll see most people arrive, go into the bedroom or whatever, and just shed their textiles (clothes) and walk into the room with a towel. Keep in mind, most of us also nudists accept the idea of clothing optional also, so pace yourself if you need to. We've all been where you've been as far as the first time. No one is going to judge you or stare at you, or remarks about your life medals (scars). You may find that you'll attract more attention with clothes on or with some clothes on than if you are just nude. Enjoy yourself!! Try to maintain eye contact and show respect for the person just like you would appreciate it for yourself. If male, and you experience the highly unlikely erection, just throw a towel on until you subside. No one will persecute you for your body having a mind of it's own, but erections are frowned upon (and actually, in 30 years of being a nudists, I've never seen a guy up and walking around like that.
WHERE TO GO in FLORIDA NUDE!!! For those not having been to any of the resorts in Florida....here is my list and the suggested order you should go to each....Read on.. afterward, you'll understand why.
1. Apollo Beach/ Playalinda Beach (these are not resorts but you will understand the meaning of primitive accommodations). You must bring everything you need and carry it or wheel it. WATER-WATER-WATER..ice..and shade.....two biggies. (A neat beach trick if you bring a canopy: use gallon jugs full of fresh water to weigh down your canopy against the sea breeze, drink the water as you need to, refill with sea water as you need to to maintain your hold downs. )I have been to Apollo beach, my wife has been to Playalinda. Playalinda has had a track record of harassment by the County sheriff. Not lately, though. Apollo Beach is a nice sand type beach but you have to walk about 1/2 to 3/4 mile to get in the comfortably nude area, and NO harassment (different County). Parking I understand is a problem in both places, so go early!! My wife said she like Playalinda better than Apollo. (Apollo Beach and Playalinda are really the same beach, kinda at opposite ends..Apollo in the north, Playalinda in the south) Nothing really feels as natural as being at the beach totally nude! Our group will, routinely organize bus trips to the beach.The parking areas at these beaches are always full very early so the bus method makes very much sense. Join our group and go to the beach on a chartered bus and don't worry about the parking!!!
2) Hidden River Resort, near Sanderson,and McClenny, Fl (although actually in Georgia, north side of the St Mary's River) actually about 45 minutes west of downtown Jax. Barbara (call her Billie) has 78 acres of wilderness. If you want to hike forest trails and catch glimpses of deer, armadillos, tortoises, and birds or ride horseback nude she has lots of trails to do that. Purposely kept rustic, she has limited facilities. Billie has a pool, a hot tub, tent sites, and 30 amp and 50 amp pull through RV sites with power, water , and sewage, a bathhouse with lots of hot water, a pavilion, petanque rink, and bandstand. Bring what you need. There is a convenience store about 12 miles back down SR 121. Billie usually has ice and sometimes soft drinks available at the office area (her home). Seriously, DO NOT bring glass, or ensure it does not leave your tent or RV, and ensure she doesn't see it!!!. All Nudists resorts are sensitive about glass. Excellent place to bring your Cardboardeaux box wine. She will expect you to disconnect your vehicle after you park your trailer and park it in designated parking area. She'll want you to unload your stuff, then put your vehicle in the parking area. Although she may want to be kind to the grass, it makes it nice not having to navigate around vehicles. Don't smoke in the pool area, don't be overt sexually, don't harass the tortoises (state law too) and you'll get along with her. You can definitely sleep under the stars at her place. Once a year she brings in bands for a weekend called Nudie Blues in April, and it is a lot of fun to dance nude in front of a bandstand and pass around a bottle of Fireball cinnamon whiskey around a roaring fire pit. I always do when I go. Billie really does want everyone to have a good time, but just be a good social nudist like you would be at any other resort or at someone's home, and you will have a great time.
3) Sunny Sands, Pierson, Fla..Updated...13 June 2015...They have a really nice pool, hot tub, a bar, and a restaurant, and several rental modular trailers. Tent camping too with some A/C hookup, so you can bring a fan or a 6000 BTU A/C for your tent. They have limited RV parking, i think about 15 to 20 spaces. The new managers are really doing a nice job at SS, They were very welcoming to our group, and I think surprised that we showed up with 25 people, A quaint little place for total quiet cause there are not many folks around except on a weekend. It's more of a community than just a resort, and many of the folks that you will see there live there year round. Thus, once you get to know the folks there, they treat you like family. They have one of the nicest nature trail walks around, with towering bamboo 3 inches in diameter, and right next to a fern farm. Really, a lovely little place that holds a special place in our heart since we were married there in 2001 under the Memorial Oak. When it's chilly in Jacksonville, it's commonly 10 degrees warmer in Pierson (approx 90 miles south of Jacksonville, so it's a great place to escape to on a 65 degree day and still get some sun and warmth on your skin. We had a great time and plan to do it more often!!! I didn't feel lik were being watched this weekend...sometimes, you get a feeling like that, especially some placs like Cypress Cove. They left us along to have a good time, and we did!!! Thank you sunny Sands!!!
4) Suwannee Valley Resort, White Springs. I've been to all the other places listed, and if Suwannee Valley doesn't meet or exceed all your needs and expectations, it's not because BG and Tom and the staff didn't break their back trying to provide it. Of all the places I listed, SVR is a place that makes me feel like I'm home. Their facilities are very nice and constantly improving, and they bring in vendors for special weekends. The food is plentiful and wholesome and tasty and not outrageously priced. Their breakfast is outstanding. In so many ways, mostly intangible, it exceeds anything the other resorts have. In one most important tangible way, definitely, service. In addition, the staff who serve you for the most part live there. They are nudist themselves and know what the expectations are and meet and exceed them. And they treat you like family. BONUS? about 63 miles from my house!!! Even dragging our trailer about a 1 1/4 hour drive is no chore. They have lots of cabins and RVs to rent, are pet friendly (not in main area, but certainly you can bring Bowser or Princess and keep them in your RV with you) and Ms. BG constantly has a myriad of activities planned for the weekends, from water aerobics to Tikii bar trivia contests. Be there or be square!!!
You must be 21 or older to enter SVR.
5) Cypress Cove..in Poinciana, Fla...very nice resort...caters to international tourists, and older crowd..you'll see young kids here as well because of the Euro tourist families...Nice chipping greens, tennis courts and plenty of area to nude bike ride. Excellent pool facilities and really nice sports bar. They rent motel style rooms and have an RV park too. Nightlife is a little slow unless you bring your own party. Parrot head (Jimmy Buffet) weekend is fun. Actually, one of my favorite resorts, about 2 1/2 hours south of Jax.You can fish nude here at Cypress (license required), kayak nude or boat nude, near the resort. Jimmy Buffet weekend is a blast.
6) Paradise Lakes. Lutz, Fla. All the accommodations you can want in a resort. It's a little hodgepodge as far as the place is laid out because it was done over thirty years without a master plan, but very nicely done. Some younger crowds make it there and Paradise's Saturday night lingerie parties and legendary conversation pool keeps them in hot water at times with pure nudists. So if you are a party creature, check it out. Lots of Condo rentals here, since so many are privately owned. It is a very nice place to spend the weekend.
7) Caliente..Land of Lakes, Fla. Definitely 4 star or 5 star clothing optional resort. Be sure to arrive with a credit card that has head space. Good food, great building and facilities, and boutiques. The disco party is awesome.The only place like it, really. It took over 5 years to build it and it was designed from the ground up as a clothing optional resort that can compete with those resorts in Dominican Republic or Mexico. Eye candy is definitely in season here, I mean if you like to watch 30 something hard bodies strut their stuff. On the other hand, if you are a pure nudist you may be turned off by their wink of an eye to the Swing lifestyle which made them drop out of AANR. Their rentals are very nice, the Casitas, as they are called, sometimes come equipped with mirrors on the ceiling. I've heard that they aren't keeping up with appearances as well as one would hope with their pricing.
8. there are many many others parks in Florida (and Nearby in Georgia) to try..go to AANR.com for a complete list or www.FloridaNaturists.info for a list of Florida clubs, resorts and nudists organizations.
Why is this order important?...I think all these places have their merits..and if you go to Caliente first, you may think that all resorts are going to be like this, and disappointed when you go to the other places. If you are a complete snoot, don't bother exploring any of the other places. That would be wrong. My favorite place in this list is actually number five on the list..SVR (Suwannee Valley Resort). I think, because I did these resorts roughly in this order as I became a full fledged nudists, It made me appreciate the subtleties of the smaller places...try em out for yourself!!!
There are many many other resorts and beaches in Florida, so please dont think this list is exclusive. WWW.AANR.com or the Naturists Society can steer you to resort sor beaches near you in Florida. And, I am reminded recently..that there are plenty more clothing optional parks in Florida, including the nice folks in Hidden Lake out in the panhandle near Milton, FL. The AANR site is a good place to start. Anywhere you go in FLA, you can find a place to be nude. Georgia has several parks to some right up I 95, one near Darien, Native Woods, run by Bennie and Carol, and one northeast of Atlanta, Paradise Valley. There are many other resorts I have not been to. I hope our members will report on them so we can include them here.
2,566 Sidetrackers Singles
4,636 Cocktails Enthusiasts
1,353 Vegetarians, Vegans
373 Party People