Flagstaff Book Society Message Board › Book Vote

Book Vote

Jody S.
user 13279864
Flagstaff, AZ
Post #: 2
It turns out we do have a list of pending books. Click on the pending meeting link. If you want to add to the list we created at the meeting tonight, please post your suggestion. I will then compile the list and we can vote.
A former member
Post #: 2
Here are my top three from the current list:
An Instance at the Fingerpost by Iain Pears
Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck

Some additional suggestions:
Possession by A. S. Byatt
The Moon-Spinners by Mary Stewart
The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
A Room with a View by E. M. Forster
The Time Travelers’ Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (I’m probably the only one who hasn’t finished this)
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
The Life of Pi by Yann Martel
Saebin Y.
user 13079016
Flagstaff, AZ
Post #: 5
Please bear in mind that at this time that anyone who is a group member can add a "Meetup in the Making." On the home page, you will see 1 Meetup and 8 in the making, those are books that have been suggested and there are several others I have not yet posted, because Meetup was indicating that they would have a different process in place.

Voting by saying you will attend a Meetup in the making would be a practical way to record votes, since everyone does not attend every meeting. But it may be more efficient to have the group vote at the individual book club meetings every few months or so. We could also do a combination of both since the point is to determine how many people want to read a given book, not whether or not any book "wins." But we do order the books to read chronologically by highest interest to lowest interest.

Saebin Y.
user 13079016
Flagstaff, AZ
Post #: 6
FYI . . . I would have posted all the books suggested to date a "in the making", but since I am currently the official Meetup organizer -- all meetups I suggest are considered "official," and will therefore show up in the same queue as books that we actually have scheduled to read. It has recently occurred to me that Ian can post books on my behalf that will show up as pending, so i will try to make that happen.
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm new to this group, so I'm not sure if it's been tried or against the rules or whatnot, but what about using the poll tool to pick books (under the "More" tab up top)?