Flash Mob America (New York) Message Board › Flash mob Proposal December 2011

Flash mob Proposal December 2011

Mareechi P.
dMareechib
Cresskill, NJ
Post #: 1
Hey guys. my name is Mareechi. I've been with my girlfriend (well, fiance now) for almost 8 years. Last year, on our seventh anniversary, I proposed to her (Priti)....she said "OK!" At that time, I was attending medical school at Ross University in Dominica (West indies). I had bought the ring, but didn't bring it with me to the island. In October of last year, she came to visit me on the island, and I proposed without the ring.

I did this because I found out that our parents were going to through us a surprise engagement party in December 2010 (even though I had not proposed yet). So I was on a time constraint.....she knew it was coming any day now.

Sadly my dad had passed away due to cancer 3 weeks after the party....life hasn't been the same. Well, life has started to move on and we decided to get married in August 2012. Oh by the way, Priti has been in the Caribbean since May attending medical school. I only get to see her on skype. She will be coming home in December, when we will be heading to India to do some wedding shopping. We also have an engagement photo shoot some time then.

I was hoping you guys could help me out and I could give her a real proposal. How about a flash mob while we are in the photoshoot somewhere in the city, I join in, and propose in the end? I really love this girl! and want to do something she would never see coming.....I'm not a dancer, not even at parties or clubs. She'll never expect it!

I only have one idea for a song...the one where the guy sing about marrying his girl.."oh babe, i think i want to marry you." http://www.break.com/...­ this is a video of that song in flash mob, and where I got the idea.

So...what say you? Shall we dance!?
Isa C.
user 26730692
New York, NY
I am IN! :D i love the idea, but im staying in NYC just to 20 on december, soooo give a date time and place and I will be there :D
Mareechi P.
dMareechib
Cresskill, NJ
Post #: 2
so far, because of our exam schedules for schools...we don't have a set date, we will have one set soon. It will definitely be before Dec. 24th... She says she doesn't want the photo shoot in central park. So I need to talk to her and figure out where she wants to shoot everything, then we can start the real planning!
Elizabeth F.
LIzzyliz
Bronx, NY
I would love to be ther on your special day
Judy O.
user 22454741
Hoboken, NJ
OMG Mareechi!!! This is the sweetest thing ever! I am so touched by your idea and would love to participate!
Gabrielle S.
user 27092402
New York, NY
this sounds soo sweet, I would love to do this! but I need an exact date, because I'm going home to California December 18th
A former member
sounds soo romantic and fun i def want in ! congrats btw !
Mareechi P.
dMareechib
Cresskill, NJ
Post #: 3
Sorry i havent replied in a while. Been busy with school. This is great guys! Can you help spread the word, i want to get as many people as we can. Im new to flash mob and dont know how to plan for this. Id really appreciate it if anyone just lets me know the next couple of steps or even if im not doing something right. Im also starting to spread the word with my friends and her's. So hopefully we'll have a great turnout. Lets keep in touch! Talk to you guys soon!
A former member
Sounds amazing, I'm in...keep us posted with a date :)
Isa C.
user 26730692
New York, NY
Post #: 3
heeey, do you have the date? or the song.