Flash Mob America (New York) Message Board › BK bridge Proposal

BK bridge Proposal

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey guys, I'm new to all this so sorry in advance.. I want to propose to my beautiful girlfriend on the Brooklyn Bridge.. She loves that place and we walk it almost everyday and there are tons of tourist figured it would leave a long lasting impression with the tourist but more importantly my Girlfriend... Any ideas??
Nancy
user 13789510
New York, NY
Do you two have a favorite song? There could be a little dance flash mob do that song.

Or....

Taking a note out of the show Glee, you could have her walk down (not entire length, but maybe halfway) the Brooklyn Bridge as random strangers (i.e. the flash mob) give her a rose or some sort of flower. And as she gets closer to the end (or the middle) you'll be standing there waiting for her with a bouquet and a ring. Bonus points if you're in a tux and have some of her closest family/friends with you as you get down on one knee and propose. smile And of course, some singing and dancing could be added at this point too.

Hope that helps!
Deepti C.
user 43687602
New York, NY
Post #: 2
That's a great idea nancy! :) my friends and i are in. please let us know when where and how to go about the dance routine (once you've finalized the song and date - hopefully weekend) this is our first time and would love to be part of this!! cheers.
Maggie L.
user 2921026
Brooklyn, NY
Not original, I know, but I'd do Bruno Mars' "Marry You."

And please keep us updated... I SO want to do this! :)
A former member
Not original, I know, but I'd do Bruno Mars' "Marry You."

And please keep us updated... I SO want to do this! :)

Ok ok guys let's do this. I'm shooting for next Saturday afternoon, does this work for you? I'm thinking I'll start walking with her from the Brooklyn side and then we'll meet up in the middle whereone of you guys can maybe come up to me and say "hey don't I know you?" and then it goes from there maybe we'll do the marry me song.... Or any other suggestions? Let me know guys and if you have any friends who are in? Let me know if you guys are in..... And if next Saturday works for you...
Maggie L.
user 2921026
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 3
I can do next Saturday... Are we meeting before tha to figure out what we're doing?
A former member
Post #: 3
Yes Maggie.. When is good for you this week? and where are you located? also got any friends willing to help?
Maggie L.
user 2921026
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 4
I can meet Thursday after work... You may want to post this as an actual meetup instead of on the message board so everyone will see this.

BTW I live in Brooklyn and work in Manhattan.
A former member
Post #: 4
Thanks Maggie. I'll MSG you with my info.
Mutiya V.
user 50583022
New York, NY
I'd love to participate and can bring friends. When and where are the practice sessions?