PhotoWalks, field trips, excursions, day trips, photo safaris or photo meets, call them what you want, but they are the very essence of photography. We call them PhotoWalks, but it means going out with a group of fellow photographers and taking pictures. FCCP does a lot of PhotoWalks, not one a month or even one a week. We do on average 15 or more PhotoWalks a month and we do them at many different times. We do them on Saturdays, Sundays, mornings, evening, and afternoons. This means whether you're an experienced pro or a just starting out, there is PhotoWalk convenient to your schedule. If there isn't, let us know and we'll create one.
As you can see, we make it easy for you to get out and practice and learn photography by actually do it. You can read about photography, watch online tutorials and attend meetings, but until you press the shutter on your camera you're not doing photography. Our PhotoWalks are different (we like to think better) than what you might get in other groups. Why? Because they are all lead by Jeff Donald, FCCP Director, a photographer and teacher with 5 decades of experience. Jeff takes the time to help beginners and pro alike and will be happy to answer any and all questions.
What does all this mean to you? FCCP is the most active Meetup in the greater Tampa Bay area and we're proud to display the Meetup 5 Star rating, as voted on by you, our members. But above all else, we're the photography group for you, pro or novice.
Some tips on PhotoWalks
• Most PhotoWalks are held outdoors, so dress appropriately and remember this is Florida so please use sunscreen, and insect repellant.
• Wear comfortable clothing and footwear. This means try not to wear sandals, flip flops or open toed shoes. If it looks like rain, bring appropriate protection for you and your gear.
• Bring something to drink, preferably water. If you're feeling thirsty ask Jeff or one of the other leaders, they usually bring extra water.
• If you have questions about the location regarding trail condition, weather, how strenuous etc., please email or call Jeff several days before the PhotoWalk.
• If you have questions about gear, lenses, tripods, filters etc., contact Jeff or the Event Organizer listed for the PhotoWalk.
• If you need a ride or want to car pool, contact Jeff via email or phone. In almost all cases we can arrange a ride or will personally transport you to and from the PhotoWalks. Please allow several days advance notice to arrange rides or car pooling. Do Not leave a note on the meetup site or send a "Greeting" to Jeff via the meetup site, wanting a ride. They may not be read in time to arrange for a ride.
• If weather conditions cause a cancellation of a PhotoWalk, it will be canceled on the FCCP Meetup site and emails will be sent to those FCCP members that have RSVPd. If in doubt call Jeff.
• Please contact Jeff here:
809 Jeffords Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
No one does more PhotoWalks than FCCP, so check out our calendar and RSVP for a PhotoWalk NOW!
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|New FCCP Supporter Member Special Offer||January 11, 2015 7:41 AM||Jeff D.|
|Amazon Local Special Offer||August 28, 2013 6:39 PM||Jeff D.|
|Online Classes for Meetup Members||April 28, 2013 11:39 AM||Jeff D.|
|Online Classes for Facebook Fans||April 28, 2013 11:36 AM||Jeff D.|
|FCCP Education Guarantee||March 7, 2013 12:37 PM||Jeff D.|
|Online Classes FAQ||May 2, 2013 7:39 PM||Jeff D.|
|Online Classes from FCCP||May 2, 2013 7:41 PM||Jeff D.|
|Learn to take your iPhone photos from plain to WOW||February 5, 2013 10:47 AM||Jeff D.|
|iPhone workshops for beginning photographers||August 5, 2013 2:05 PM||Jeff D.|
|FCCP In-the-Field Mini Workshops||August 6, 2013 8:31 AM||Jeff D.|
|Florida Center for Creative Photography Sponsors||October 7, 2014 10:57 AM||Jeff D.|
|FCCP Photo Editing Workshops||August 5, 2013 1:44 PM||Jeff D.|