addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Florida Trail Association - Central Florida and Highlanders Message Board › Hal Scott Preserve Maintenance - Trail Markers

Hal Scott Preserve Maintenance - Trail Markers

Michael C.
user 86770312
Orlando, FL
Post #: 2
I had a question in regard to Hal Scott Preserve. I have been out there a few time, my first time out was an accidental 12 miles. I took the white trail leading to the left which leads to the yellow, as I proceeded I noticed that the markings started to disappear.
Also there are no map's at the front, as well as the group camping area could use a little work. There are some trailblazer path's that lead out behind the group camping area that follow the Econ that are gorgeous. I was wondering if one wanted to do some maintenance, new path's, updated markers etc where I would start. I have never come across many people out at Hal Scott which I guess is my draw to it, but it's just a beautiful place. Also a trash/litter removal day out there might be a good thing as well. I more then happy to volunteer, although I can't do an overnight yet since I am still getting my overnight/weekend gear together.
Any input would be appreciated.
Curtis
user 84275862
Rockledge, FL
Post #: 1
I'd possibly be interested in joining up for some type of clean-up or other trail maintenance on a weekday afternoon. I currently work just west of there, could be on site by approx 3:20 PM. Just let me know.