TAMPA BAY VEG FEST VOLUNTEER MEETING
FVA is hosting a volunteer get-together to help take your involvement in Tampa Bay Veg Fest to the next level. We are desperate for some dedicated individuals who are ready to make a difference and take the next step to become involved. Is that you?? If so, PLEASE join us on March 9 at 2:30 pm at North Tampa Branch Library. You must submit an email to Diane Koon at [masked] saying you want to attend. All are welcome, but please only come if you are serious about getting involved and want to help us bring this great event to Tampa Bay again. We need committed individuals who want to keep Veg Fest in motion here in Tampa Bay.
Some of the areas we need particular help in are the following committees/tasks:
1) PR – reaching out to media and etc.
2) Grants – apply to various foundations for grant money for Veg Fest.
3) Ordering literature and supplies
4) Sponsorships – reaching out to companies or individuals who might be interested in sponsorship. We have basic levels already set.
5) Vendors – reach out to companies that might be a good fit for VF.
6) Music – reach out to Musicians that might be a good fit with VF.
7) Volunteer coordinator – assist is getting volunteers for day of event and placement.
8) Children’s Area – plan activities, entertainers and etc.
9) Organize and be in charge of FVA and Veg Fest booths
10) Organize and be in charge of free food sample tent. Includes reaching out to companies for vegan food.
11) Detailed person to order tents, tables and etc. for the day of event.
This is a just a sampling of ideas and needs. It may look overwhelming but it takes this and much more to put on a Veg Fest. This year it’s more important than ever that we have committed volunteers. Do you want a 2014 Tampa Bay Veg Fest? We are hoping you do.