addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Florida Voices for Animals Message Board › CAN YOU HELP FIND A HOME FOR PIGGY THE PIG?

CAN YOU HELP FIND A HOME FOR PIGGY THE PIG?

Diane K.
user 2950054
Tampa, FL

Hello,

"Piggy" needs a home. He is approximately 1 1/2 years old, at least 300 pounds and neutered. He was raised from a baby by a family that intended to slaughter him for food. Although he was a wild hog, he is apparently very sweet and gets along with other pigs. The wife became attached and asked the husband not to kill him. The husband agreed to give him up for adoption if she finds him a home. I have been trying to find a sanctuary in Florida that will take him, but everyone I have contacted is full or there are challenging circumstances. Rooterville has sent out a note to everyone they know, but no one has room. Does anyone have room anywhere even for a temporary home? There may be some other options but it may take a few weeks to months. One shelter is in desperate need of funds to build a pig enclosure, but that will take a while to build. Any help you can offer asap is appreciated. They won't keep him much longer but will transport him to a new location. Please only contact me if you can help. Thank you!

Myriam Parham

mparham7@yahoo.com