Florida Voices for Animals Message Board › TampaBay Vegfest & Volunteer meeting

TampaBay Vegfest & Volunteer meeting

Myriam P.
user 49353402
Dade City, FL
I want to personally greet and thank all of our new recent Florida Voices for Animals(FVA) meetup members. It is very exciting to see how many of you want to volunteer to help animals.  I hope I can have the opportunity to meet each and every one of you in the very near future.
FVA has many opportunities for volunteers at which we could use your help! We just had a dog/car wash that helped raise funds for a local sanctuary in great need and we plan another one soon & could use your help. (We will post it on meetup as soon as it is set). We have many tabling opportunities, but can't do them all since most of us work full time, so perhaps that would be of interest to some of you. We have numerous advocacy issues that can be supported by a simple letter or phone call. There are endless opportunities to what you can do to help. It may be that you have an idea on how to help animals and FVA can help you implement it.
Our main focus, at the moment, is our biggest event, our annual Tampa Bay Vegfest, which is coming up next month, on October 19. It is our 4th one and we have an amazing program, including; well known speakers, musicians, chefs and vendors. Please check out the event website at: tampabayvegfest.org. Obviously, this requires lots of volunteers; from set-up the night before, early the morning of and many tabling and leafletting opportunities throughout the day to promote the event and some now with last minute details. Some of you may be coming to our volunteer meeting tomorrow at 1:30 at Vegan Take Out on 4202 E. Busch Blvd. and I look forward to meeting you then. If you cannot attend, but still would like to help please contact: Suzanne House at: vegansuzanne@yahoo.com­ or me.
Thank you for caring and look forward to meeting you in action!
Myriam Parham, President
Florida Voices for Animals, Inc.