Gardeners of Southwest Florida Message Board › List here your requests or offers for carpooling to the group's meetings

List here your requests or offers for carpooling to the group's meetings

Suzanne and Peter
SuzanneandPeter
Group Organizer
Naples, FL
Post #: 286
Send an Email Post a Greeting

The Gardeners of Southwest Florida group now has almost 200 members who live in a wider area of southwest Florida. Our meetings are taking place in a wider area as well. It makes sense for members to share rides with other locals to the more distant meeting venues.

If you'd appreciate getting a ride to a particular event, or if you can offer to bring someone along in your car, please post the details in this discussion by clicking the link marked "Add a reply" below. Specify the town you're in and the event you're going to, then click "Submit." If you choose not to post your phone number or email address, other members can respond (either on this page or by visiting your profile to send you an email) so that you can mutually agree on precisely when and where to meet for the drive.

This is a good example of how gardeners traditionally help each other out. Spending time riding together also helps to bond friendships closer. We'll monitor the posts to continue deleting obsolete requests and offers as each event takes place, to keep the Carpooling page updated.
Claire MacM.
ClaireMacM
Naples, FL
Post #: 10
I would be grateful to ride-share with others. My car can hold a total of five normal-size people. (it has five seat belts.) I live south of the Third Street South area of Olde Naples. I'm happy to meet at a convent location for visits outside of downtown. My gardens are shoddy and right now the house is under going repairs but, if the contractors ever finish their jobs, my door is always open and I can make a pitcher of iced tea or a pot of coffee. I'm always ready for expert or amateur gardening advice.

One exception, don't ask me to grow a grass lawn. Where I came from, the Florida varities look like what we called "crab grass.". I spent too many hours in my childhood weeding that and dandelions from among the family gardens. smile

Would particularly like a ride to Rege Malone's! Happy to meet others along the way near Naples, preferably south of Coastland Mall if possible or elsewhere if more convenient to others. (I tend to get lost as far North as Immokalee or east of I75 so fellow traveler would be much appreciated.)
Currently at Edgewater Beach Hotel on Gulfshore Dr (239)403-2000, rm222 Claire MacMillan
Claire MacM.
ClaireMacM
Naples, FL
Post #: 14
I would be happy to ride share to the county Extension Service and also to Rege Malone's garden and nursery. I don't mind if you use my car. I'd just like to have someone who knows the way to lead us there. I live southwest of olde Naples and Third Street South and am agreeable to meet where it is convenient for others. Claire.
Claireemacmillan@aol.com