Join us for a great adventure with your dog. We will be meeting at Crowders Mountain at 8am Saturday morning in the main parking lot and walking the Pinnacle Trail 1.7 mile walk up to the top uphill. Wait did I say uphill I meant upmountain or up a steep steep slop upmountain, unless you guys change your mind and really want to do the crowders trail 2.5 miles. We can decide when we get there and take a vote. Here is a link to the trail web site:
PLEASE ONLY RSVP YES IF YOU PLAN TO BE THERE AS WE WILL BE WAITING IN THE PARKING LOT FOR EVERYONE THAT RSVP'd TO ARRIVE BEFORE WE BEGIN OUR WALK SO PLEASE BE CURTIOUS AND ONLY RSVP IF YOU KNOW YOU PLAN TO BE THERE.
Plan to start hiking at 8:15am to the top and back down to the parking lot by 11am at the latest (may be sooner).
It is suggested that you wear a back pack and bring the following items:
1. You must bring two bottles of water and a bowl for each dog you walk with you.
2. I encourage you to bring a power bone for your dog to munch on when we get to the top of the mountain so that your dog has some energy to make it to the bottom.
3. You should bring at least two bottles of water for yourself (some people choose to wear a camelback, not a bad idea)
4. You should bring a healthy snack (carrots, grapes, something fresh) to munch on when we get to the top.
5. A camera, always a fun thing to bring so we can take a picture of you and your fluffy companion when we make it to the top.
6. Wear suntan lotion on you and make sure your pet is protected with a tick and flea preventative.
7. Wear comfortable hiking clothes and shoes.
We will have a first aid kit handy so no need to bring that.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We are very excited about this event and are looking forward to a rewarding hike to the top of Crowders Mountain.
Bonnie and Jen
If you need to call the day of the event you can reach Bonnie at [masked]
(P.S. If you want to bring two dogs but are worried about walking one of them let send Bonnie an email at [masked] and if someone else has not asked already I can help since both of my dogs are a little to elderly to make it to the top.)
With all the rain lately I thought I should mention that we will track the weather for this event and will notify everyone by Friday 6/11/10 if we need to postpone due to inclement weather.