There are 56 more RSVPs on our sister site, Flying Solo Events http://www.meetup.com/Flying-Solo-Events/
Ladies: please join event waitlist using the link below (I will release tickets when I can):
Gentlemen: please pay for your tickets now using the link below:
Please use this link for payment now! http://bigsaturdayssinglesofortyfives.eventbrite.co.uk/
Join with other fun, friendly relaxed singles in a non pressured environment.
EVENT INFO:You asked for it & I've sorted it. I'm pleased to announce the much anticipated, and hopefully the first of many Over45(ish)'s Party. We have our own exclusive private party room & a brilliant DJ & a fab dancefloor at a great venue, the fabulous Yorkshire Grey Pub, Grays Inn Road, which has proudly stood on the corner of Grays Inn Roadsince 1676. Located only 200 metres from Chancery Lane underground station, and it’s only a bit further to Holborn, Farringdon, Russell Square and Kings Cross.
"The Yorkshire Grey Pub and Kitchen is a London classic. A well known Pub since 1870. Charles Dickens lived around the corner, Benjamin Disraeli was born next door, Lord Lucan used it as his regular haunt and today it is a very popular Pub frequented by media and TV celebrities and enjoyed by local legal, office and resident folk alike"
The party kicks off at 7.30pm.
I will be doing earlier arrivals for LADIES ONLY at 7.00pm for ladies who wish to come on their own and meetup, make friends and have a pre-party drink with other Ladies before the party starts. At 7.30pm we will let everyone in & the fun will start. Arrivals between 7.30 - 9pm, I will be meeting, greeting and introducing members and helping to get you mingling & in the party mood.
I have managed to find and secure a great DJ for our party. We have John Spire DJ'ing for our party. John is going to play a good mix of modern classics plus retro & 60s/70/80s & 90s & whatever we want really. I've opened a discussion board for anyone who has any music suggestions/genres request and you can request on the night too. This is your event, so please let John/myself know what music you want on and we will do our best to play it. John is a multi-talented DJ/Singer and Compere and can even throw in a bit of karaoke if you like. We have full control over the venue music which means two things. We will have a great tunes carefully selected especially for those of the 45+ age group in mind, and that we can control the volume so members can have some great chats & mingling for as long as we like before we get into the party mood & get dancing later on in the evening.
We will be aiming for a 50/50 male to female ratio for this party. I've limited the ticket sales as the venue capacity is 80 people, so please RSVP and pay for your tickets as soon as you can to ensure you get a ticket.
DRINKS INFO & PRICES:
The Yorkshire Grey have a cracking selection of draught and bottled beer, fine wines and spirits. Our ever expanding selection of whisky from all over Scotland and Japan will keep every aficionado busy. Their Cask Ale has been awarded the prestigious Cask Marque Accreditation for 3 consecutive years with our ales tested for quality in appearance, temperature, aroma and taste.
- Wine from £4.40 for 175ml glass & £16.95 a bottle
- Craft Beer from £4.50 per pint
- Cocktails from £5.50
- Non Alcoholic Cocktails from £3.50
- Speciality Whiskies & Bourbons from £4.10
- Please purchase your tickets via Eventbrite. Click here for link: http://bigsaturdayssinglesofortyfives.eventbrite.co.uk/
- Please select the appropriate ticket male/female.
- Payment processing is through paypal, but you do not have to have a paypal account. If you do not have a paypal account, choose the option to 'pay with a debit or credit card' and fill in your card details, address, email etc as directed by the screen.
- Once payment has completed you will receive an order confirmation/ticket from Eventbrite and a payment receipt from paypal by email.
- You do not have to print off your ticket - who can be bothered with that! I'll have a list of names on the door, please see me upon arrival to check in.
- Any queries/problems paying please email me on [masked]
- This party is for the over 45 ish age bracket. The chosen age bracket is in response to member feedback/requests & suitability of Venue, type of Music, control of music volume & drink selection. We also have a 30-45ish's party coming up soon.
- Nearest tube is Chancery Lane underground station, its approx 200 metres and it’s only a bit further to Holborn, Farringdon, Russell Square and Kings Cross, so great for Central Line, H&City/Circle/Metropolitan, Victoria & Northern Lines.
- Please remember weekends = Engineering work. Please check your transport arrangements before leaving and plan an alternative route if necessary.
- Arrivals: Ladies Only[masked]pm. All members[masked]pm. Please arrive no later than 9pm.The end time for the party is 12am
- You must purchase a ticket through Eventbrite to join this event. RSVPing on the Meetup Site does not give you entry to the event
- Price includes entry, meetup site costs, admin costs, organisers fees, DJ, Entertainment, professional hosting fees and paypal processing fees. There is charge of 91p payable to book tickets through Eventbrite Online Ticketting.
- Guests are welcome, but if you're going to bring a guest, sounds obvious but please make sure they are single!
- Dress code is smart casual, dressy but not formal
- Tickets are non-refundable
- To keep the male/female ticket ratio at roughly 50/50, I will release the tickets in stages. The Ladies usually book onto events in advance & the Men usually leave buying tickets until much nearer the event date. Men, please help me out and book & pay for your tickets when you RSVP, so we can get more ladies for you to party with!! If there aren't any tickets available when you RSVP, please RSVP for the meetup and join the waitlist on Eventbrite and I will keep you updated when I can release more tickets
- No need to print a paper ticket! I will have a list of names on the door that I will check off when you arrive.
- Any comments/queries/suggestions/constructive feedback, as always please email me or see me at events so we can discuss in full. My email address: [masked]