Welcome! I am so happy to be part of a community that desires to live a peaceful and mindful life!
I believe that what we feed our body, mind, and spirit makes us what we are. For a long time we have forgotten the power of food to nourish and heal. As in the ancient wisdom traditions (Ayurveda, Chinese Medicine, Native American Medicine), food has always been the first line of defense in preventing and treating diseases of the body, mind, and spirit. The body is programmed to heal itself when it is provided with the right tools. There is nothing more natural than food.
Food as Medicine is defined as: organic, fresh, aligned with nature and the seasons, whole (food in its purest forms), free of toxins, good for digestion, and plant strong.
My intention is to cover all aspects of Food as Medicine: the source of our food, the energy of food, the preparation of food, how we use intention and ceremony during preparation and eating, how we come together as community to share food, how we honor food, how different foods have specialized medicinal properties, how food is used to help the body, mind and spirit heal, and mindful practices that teach us about how food affects us.
What is welcome:
• a desire to learn about Food as Medicine
• expertise and passion in how you have healed yourself and others using Food as Medicine
• a desire to learn how to live mindfully using Food as Medicine
• active participation in the group by sharing ideas and wisdom regarding Food as Medicine
• an open mind ready to deconstruct all that we have learned and been taught throughout our lives about medicine, the body, mind, and spirit
What is NOT welcome:
• diets and the marketing of diets that have no basis in science or nature
• quick fix ideas on how to heal the whole person (it is about life long change)
• marketing your health business; trying to gain clients, recruit business partners, or sell products/supplements/nutraceuticals
• rigid and dogmatic ideas about health
I hope to teach, learn, grow, and heal in partnership with all of you!