Join us for a bicycle ride from the North Hollywood Metro Station to Chinatown. When we get to Chinatown we will have lunch at Hong King BBQ Restaurant (formerly known as Sam Woo Restaurant.)
We will meet outside the entrance to the North Hollywood Metro station at 9:30 AM. This means you can either travel to the starting point on your bicycle, via the Metro Red Line or by driving your car and parking in the free Metro parking lot. The North Hollywood Metro Station is at the north end of the Red Line.
From the North Hollywood Metro Station we will make the 16 mile bike ride to Chinatown. The ride will mainly be on bike paths and bike lanes but there will be sections along bike friendly streets. Almost half of the route will be along the pleasant bike path next to the Los Angeles River.
We won't set any speed records and will likely be traveling around 10 miles per hour. The bike ride will take around 1 hour and 30 minutes.
After lunch we can decide to make the reverse ride on bicycle back to the North Hollywood Metro Station, or call it a day and return back to the North Hollywood Metro Station via the Red Line Metro from Union Station.
- North Hollywood Metro Station to North Keystone Street along Chandler Blvd bicycle path (2.5 miles)
- N Keystone Street to West Riverside Drive (1 and 1/2 miles)
- West Riverside Drive to Los Angeles River Bike Path (2 miles)
- Los Angeles River Bike Path to Riverside Drive (7.5 miles)
- South Avenue 19 to Pasadena Avenue (1 mile)
- North Broadway to Chinatown (1 and 1/2 miles)
- Comfortable bike, helmet, spare tube, small pump
- Sunscreen and hat
- Bike lock
- Small camera and cell phone
- $1.50 or TAP card for return Metro ride
- Money for lunch (Hong Kong BBQ accepts CASH ONLY)
After 16 miles of bicycling (and to fuel for a possible additional 16 miles,) we'll be ready to for lunch at Hong Kong BBQ Restaurant. You may want to try their congee and noodle dishes or a variety of other Cantonese dishes including roast duck, fresh Talapia fish, Chinese broccoli, and more.
Hong Kong BBQ Restaurant
803 North Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90012
See Yelp reviews of Hong Kong BBQ Restaurant at http://www.yelp.com/biz/hong-kong-bbq-los-angeles
NOTE: RAIN CANCELS THIS EVENT