addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

L.A. Foodies Message Board Newsletter Archives › LA Foodies and Asian Foodies Newsletter 12-3

LA Foodies and Asian Foodies Newsletter 12-3

Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Springfield, VT
Hello Foodies!

­Historic Philippe's Lunch, Chinatown tour, MOCA Museum & Little Tokyo Tour - Click on the title to read the write up or to RSVP. Last minute event to spend an afternoon visiting several downtown spots. Should be a fun day!

Heaven & Surf 14 Course Chinese Banquet - This year's joint group banquet will again be at Hop Li's in downtown Chinatown. We will also be recognizing our awesome AO's and EO's who helped make our groups so much fun and hosted us to so many great dining and social events! Dec. 22nd. Paypal is still having problems so please be patient when you sign up. This years banquet is all seafood and poultry! I have to say... what an amazing menu! The cost is up from previous years because I added the live dungeness crabs ($40) and sodas and another dish so its 14 not 12 courses. With 14 courses... I still didn't have room to add, squid, clams, sea cucumbers! I'm hoping we fill up the whole restaurant... I guarantee no one will be hungry an hour later... LOL

Union Station Adopt-A-Meal LUNCH - I'm wondering if we'd have enough members willing to volunteer to provide lunch for 150+ guests Sunday Dec. 19th 10:30am start time. $15.00 donation required as we have to pay for all the food so each volunteer will actually be feeding 10-15 homeless! Do a good deed during the holidays. These people need our help and they are so appreciative! We will be feeding adults, families and children. If you'd like to help but cannot at this event, please feel free to make a $5-10 donation to help pay for the meal. If you make a $10 or more donation, I will also make you a Supporting Member! I will post it as an event and if we get 14 members, it will be a go! It's more expensive than Allison's past dinner events because we will be feeding 3-4 times MORE people... 150-200 people! This will not be like the Thanksgiving event where we all stood around with nothing to do for at least an hour before we finally got to help out. It's a whirlwind... as we only have 1.5 hours to prepare the meal, so there's ZERO down time.

Jitlada Off Menu Burger Our friend Jazz, co-owner of Jitlada makes a Thai Burger and Jonathan Gold wrote about it back in May. It's off menu and requires asking in advance for it... We'll have to check this one out... See Article

Restaurant Review of the Day - Last night I had Prizzi's Pizza for dinner. I cheated and added a whole bunch of ingredients I had at home. See review.

Video of the Day Top Chef Masters. Start of the new season with all past chefs. Click Here

Darrell's Test Kitchen - I made a ­Bacon, Mushroom, Onion Risotto that came out really tasty. My recipe is in the forums if you are interested.

Deals Of The Day - LivingSoci­al - Fly a REAL Airplane! $62.00! This deal brings back fond memories of a childhood friend. On his 11th birthday, his dad, a WWII Ace pilot took his son and 3 of his friends flying in a Bonanza prop engine airplane with dual controls and let each of us take turns actually piloting the plane. Obviously, decades later, my memory of that thrilling experience is still burning into my brain. It was also the first time I'd ever been in an airplane so that made it doubly exciting. This group is a non-profit group that takes kids at risk up in the skies and I have no doubt many will enjoy a life changing experience so if you buy this offer, you'll be also helping others while having a ball! This would be so cool if a bunch of us grabbed this deal, maybe we can do an event! Email me if you decide to grab this deal too! I'm going for it as I'd love to pilot a plane once again! A possible bucket list item? $62 bucks? Let's do it!

Frugal Foodies - Post your groupons/vouchers on our forum that you wish to sell, buy or share. It's been working as I've sold a couple here.CLICK HERE

Upcoming Events - Check out our LA Foodies Calendar HERE­ and our Asian Foodies Calendar HERE­

Daily Deals
Restaurant.com­ 70% Discount - Code = GIFT
LivingSoci­al - Fly a REAL Airplane! $62.00!
Dealpop.com­ - Cafe Laurent - Affordable French Cafe
Groupon.com­ - Hangar 18 Rock Climbing gym
Tippr.com­ - Sushi deal in Thousand Oaks
AtCost.com­
BlackBoardEats.com­ -
Greatworkperks.com­
Goldstar­

LAfoodies.org­
AsianFoodies.info

Out To Lunch (OT) -

Okay, that's it for today!

Darrell Lee