L.A. Foodies Message Board New Event Announcements and or Changes to Events › New Meetup: Top Chef Masters Viewing Party w/Mary Sue Milliken

New Meetup: Top Chef Masters Viewing Party w/Mary Sue Milliken

Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Announcing a new Meetup for L.A. Foodies!

What: Top Chef Masters Viewing Party w/Mary Sue Milliken
When: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 7:00 PM

Where: Border Grill
445 S Figueroa St
Los Angeles, CA 90071

Why: Cheap booze, celebrity chef, Viewing Party check out the new Border Grill, try the great tacos lots of great reasons to check out this event!

Margs $4.50 and $3.00 tacos! The show airs from 8:00-9:00pm. This is the premiere show and this time Mary Sue Milliken will be on the show. Last time, Susan Feiniger was on the show. I was a little surprised when I learned Mary Sue was going to be on the show because last time when I spoke to her, she didn't sound too interested in these competition cooking shows.

This is a great event to use the Metrorail so you can drink without driving. It's about 4-5 blocks from the station and it's a tremendous time saver to visit downtown. Validated parking costs $5-10.

This is will be a joint meetup along with MeetinLA (aka MILA) group. Before Meetup many of us belonged to MILA and it was a great social network site. Things changed and many of us discovered Meetup. But I've decided to become active with MILA and have become their new LEADER which is similar to being a Meetup Organizer. But the structure is slightly different. Leaders and Event Planners do not have to pay a monthly fee to MILA, it's free to belong and participate in MILA events. All events must be not for profit, so no businesses are allowed to create money making events. It's a benevolent group... yes, Meetin.org does need some donations so that it can pay for it's servers and expenses, but it's nothing like Meetup which has decided to that Greed is Good and they've changed their business model since I first joined them.

This event will be co-hosted with LA Foodies and MILA so we should have a fun event! It might be all LA Foodies...

I suspect either Susan Feiniger or Mary Sue Milliken will be at this event, hopefully Mary Sue will be here since this is there most recent restaurant and has a bigger bar area. I've met both of the Two Hot Tamales and they are so nice, fun and personable. If you want your cookbooks signed, I'm sure they'd oblige.

Cheap booze, celebrity chef, meet the new Leader, try the great tacos lots of great reasons to check out this event!

Check it out!