L.A. Foodies Message Board L.A. Foodies+ Discussion Forum › Darrell, our group leader is in the hospital...

Darrell, our group leader is in the hospital...

Sandra
user 7587023
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 21
Fellow foodies,

Unfortunately, our group leader and your original event host for this particular dinner event is in the hospital for a heart failure incident… he contacted me today on 6/05 , as he misses all of his foodie friends about his current health condition. He’ll be staying in the hospital for the time being till he’s recovered. (he doesn't hv Internet access and his cell phone is not working in the hospital)

He needs to be nourished for the moment! (: It will be even better if you can pay him a visit in the hospital. He’s craving for some good food (sodium is restricted) after all… he's rather having a foodie party/gathering to cheer him up in the hospital!

For those who’s not able to visit him in the hospital, pls give him a ring w/your regards if possible:
USC Health Care Network: 323-409-5500 ( X 29267 )

2051 Marengo Street, Los Angeles, CA 90035

Room # 6A-102 (visiting hour: 11am-9pm) Name listed under: Darrell Lee

Thank you,
Teri
Sandra
user 7587023
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 22
I wanted to post Teri's message on the discussion board, so people could talk about cooking/delivering food/visiting/carpooling and also give updates on Darrell's condition, etc.

Another idea I had was to post recipes that would be gourmet/foodie and healthy as a resource for people who wanted to cook something for Darrell.

Here's the one that inspired this idea: Watercress soup with shiitake mushrooms:
http://strongertogeth...­

Sandra
Sandra
user 7587023
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 23
American Heart Association recipes:
http://www.heart.org/...­
Lee
user 10385047
North Hollywood, CA
Post #: 23
I called Darrell. I would not mind dropping by for a visit. I was in a hospital for a month and I know how people feel in that setting. I would not mind carpooling with someone. Teri stated that parking can be difficult at County USC.

Thanks,

Lee
Sandra
user 7587023
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 24
I work in downtown and live close-by, so I'm glad to go with you to visit. I'm heading out of town Saturday night, but maybe we can figure out a good time to go.
Lee
user 10385047
North Hollywood, CA
Post #: 25
I work in downtown and live close-by, so I'm glad to go with you to visit. I'm heading out of town Saturday night, but maybe we can figure out a good time to go.
Hi Sandra,

I am free tomorrow between the hours of 12-5. I got to attend a meeting a 6 pm. Thurs I can probably go after 4 pm. Is Darrell being released on Friday?

Regards,

Lee
Sandra
user 7587023
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 25
Lee, I don't know when Darrell is being released, though Teri's message made it seem like he would be in the hospital for a long stay. Maybe we should call to find out before we make plans.
A former member
Post #: 47
I call Darell but he was talking to his cardiologist. I will try him back later. He is in good hands at USC. If there is anything I can do..pls send me a note or call 909 4479181.
Sandra Jacqueline
Warren
KDog
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1,022
Teri's message was a little in error, the room is Room # 6A-102

Darrell won't be in the hospital for a long stay unless there are unforeseen circumstances.
A former member
Post #: 11
I have yet to attend an event so I have not had the pleasure of meeting Darrell nor any of the other members but I hope he recovers soon. :)

~Anthony Rules