L.A. Foodies Message Board New Event Announcements and or Changes to Events › Wine Tasting Party In A Loft!

Wine Tasting Party In A Loft!

Mitch
user 5749816
Los Angeles, CA
Hello Foodies,

I've been to several wine tastings over the years and they tended to be pretty staid affairs. The wine and food were good, but unless you came to the event with someone, it was a little awkward meeting and engaging other people. The whole reason the website MEETUP was created was to get like-minded people together and MEET each other. I found out that the best way to get people to interact with each other was to give them something to do together. So, every attendee will participate in the preparation of the hors dourves, opening of the wine, pouring of the wine, slicing cheese, arranging the fruit and preparation of the snacks. You will work in groups of threes.

This wine tasting party will be in a great loft near downtown LA. We will be tasting six different wines that evening. We will also have great cheeses, fruit, hors dourves and freshly made hot snacks. Of course we will have great jazz music in the background.

The world is too full of people telling you what you should like, giving you intimidating rating scales, and just generally increasing the stress of making any choice. There is a psychologist who suggests that too much choice makes us unhappy, at least in part because for every choice we make, we worry that there was some better choice out there we didn't make. So make yourself happy: we'll get some great wine, drink, be merry, and discover what you like. Because a tasting party is absolutely the best way for you to discover what you like.

For this event we will focus on Emerging Reds. We will have: 2 Argentine Malbec, 2 Australian Shiraz, and 2 South African Pinotage.

We will have a discussion about the availability, affordability and quantities of great wines on the scene today. We will also have a short video presentation.

The fee for this event will be $25.00 per person via PayPal.

Send your PayPal payment to: Make Payment Here

This event will be held in a private home, so only L.A. Foodies are allowed to attend this event. If you have a guest you'd like to bring, have them join LA Foodies and rsvp for themselves.

I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/Foodies/events/21242031/­

When: Saturday, July 16, 2011 6:00 PM

Where: The Loft ! **
Near Downtown LA.... Will give address 2 days before the event
Los Angeles, CA 90031

Price: $25.00 per person

RSVP limit: 20 "Yes" RSVPs

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through the Contact Us link on Meetup.