addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

L.A. Foodies Message Board New Event Announcements and or Changes to Events › Meetup details changed: Year Of The Dragon Chinese New Year Banquet - Chinatown

Meetup details changed: Year Of The Dragon Chinese New Year Banquet - Chinatown

Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Springfield, VT

Gong Hay Fat Choy Foodies!

Happy New Year Foodies!

Reservations are closed! We are FULL! As previously mentioned, I added two additional dishes and changed a couple of dishes as the chef couldn't prepare the dish or the shellfish was out of season. I added more veggies to create a more balanced and healthy menu as well as dishes with classic Cantonese sauces and a sizzling dish for a little sizzle. So we now have a 14 course banquet dinner (@ no additional cost) on Chinese New Year Eve!

Members are encouraged to arrive early at 6:30pm for the social hour for check in and we can enjoy some of our wines and spirits before dinner and to renew old acquaintances and friendships. We will begin serving dinner at 7:20pm. Please DO NOT BE LATE or you might miss some great dishes! With nearly 60 people attending the banquet, we cannot wait for any late arrivers, sorry. With 14 courses there will be lots of great food for everyone and we will have 9 or 10 max seated per table.

The restaurant waives corkage so please bring your bottle of bubbly, wine or favorite liquor as you please. I will also provide regular and diet Coke & 7'Up for those on the wagon or designated drivers.

I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/Foodies/events/15807672/­

When: Sunday, January 22, 2012 7:00 PM

Where: Hop Li Chinese Restaurant
526 Alpine St
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 680-3939[/url]

Prix Fixe (tax/tip incld): $30.00 per person

RSVP limit: 59 "Yes" RSVPs

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.

OPTIONAL ~ Free 10pm - 12midnight After dinner,
Chuan Thien Hau Temple
750-756 N. Yale St.
Around the corner from the restaurant

Chinatown community gathers to welcome good health, prosperity, and harmony for the "Year of the Dragon." Thousands will gather at a local temple to make offerings to the deities, set off firecrackers to awaken the spirits, and burn incense to usher in good fortune for the new year. Participants includes lion dancers, Buddhist and Taoist monks, the heads of family associations, and many others from the Southern California Chinese community. This tradition takes place on the eve of Chinese New Year's Day (1/23/12) and is typically followed by several days of return visits to the temple for blessings and public celebrations.

See ya all tomorrow!

Darrell