align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

L.A. Foodies Message Board Restaurants, Carts & Food Truck Reviews › Restaurant Review - Petrossian - West Hollywood

Restaurant Review - Petrossian - West Hollywood

Coco
user 9409378
Van Nuys, CA
Post #: 53
Went there for early super at 4pm seating yesterday since it is a holiday and I have the time to drive up there. My roommate ordered the Black Ink Squid fettecini with sea urchin and salmon roe. But they did not have the sea urchin and replaced it with more salmon roe. She liked it having it for the first time. I am a fan of the black ink squid fettecini. It was great with curry sauce, just perfect. As for my tast of preference I would not order that myself at this restuarant since I had better at another restaurant and for better price with great seafoods like jumbo shrimp, scallops at Cafe Bizou in Sherman Oaks. I think they make it the best at Cafe Bizou and I had it for the DineLA event.

I was not pleased with the quionoa salad with smoked salmon for that price. I am sure other people might enjoyed it more than I. I'd ordered the salmon main entree and that was the best and different than any other places I'd tasted, due to their fine ingredients and the way its being prepared. I would definitely order that dish again, but next time to tell them to cook the salmon well done and not medium well as a preference.

For dessert we shared the mini chocolate dessert that comes with hot chocolate. I 'd ordered the capuccino on top of it. It was good but I could have skipped it since the dessert already comes with hot chocolate. For $18 of mini desserts I would not order it again, but good to try it once.

The servers were so LA ish, wearing a little bit off outfit and also shown a bit in attitude even though I was well dresed. I did not expect this at this fine restuarant. Place were beautifully decorated.

Be aware to make reservations ahead of time as oftentimes it gets filled up quickly.

Luckily I had the $25 off since I bought it for $25 from Living socials, so it helps a bit and not much since my roommate ordered the salads and desserts and I had to pay additional $20 bucks that I'd promised to take $20 off her dish when the bills arrived. Here are some pics,

Coco
user 9409378
Van Nuys, CA
Post #: 54
@Teri - that's a valid opinion. We all have different perspective view of things as being a food critic.

Actually in my opinion their food are excellent in terms of preparation, freshest ingredients, and qualities. When I tasted their foods, I know it is a fine dining type of quality and luxury in which I am seeking to explore further and in more restuarants. So if was worth the effort in going back again to expereince more luxury dishes.

Have you eaten there?