L.A. Foodies Message Board L.A. Foodies+ Discussion Forum › LA Eater's Top Ten Best LA's Korean Restaurants

LA Eater's Top Ten Best LA's Korean Restaurants

Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Springfield, VT
Post #: 5,238
Phil
user 8789359
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
My favorite Korean restaurant: Dong II Jang, 3455 W 8th St, LA
Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Springfield, VT
Post #: 5,243
Chung Dam had the most beautiful cuts of meat I've ever seen, but I've only been there once when it first opened a couple years ago.

I love Soowon as they were always so accomodating as the daughter is a Yelper and she really took great care of our group when we visited... ooh, they agreed to give us 50% off the soju and beers!
Toni-Lynn Q.
user 40131962
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
Genwa
I've tried several Korean restaurants in Korea town in search of the best bibimbap. While Soowon was great, Genwa took the crown. Their bibimbap blew my mind. Crispy, quality ingredients. They added a flower root called " doraji" ( Chinese bellflower)! which was unique. They also include about 20 banchan, each with very complex favors and top notch ingredients. I spoke with the owner and was told she was fortunate enough to recruit one of the best Korean chefs around. ~650 yelp reviews with 4.5/5 stars.

Warren
KDog
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1,047
I'm looking forward to trying out Genwa. It is also close to work, but a hard sell to my workmates who aren't so adventurous in their dining.

A lot of people really detest Genwa but I hope to try it some day, and I'll have an open mind.
Toni-Lynn Q.
user 40131962
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 2
Detest? For what reason(s)? Thefood is amazing and I think the majority of helpers have had positive experiences.

http://www.yelp.com/b...­

Tell us what you you think when you do go. ;)