L.A. Foodies Message Board L.A. Foodies+ Discussion Forum › What Was the Best Meal You Ever Ate?

What Was the Best Meal You Ever Ate?

Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 5,264
What Was the Best Meal You Ever Ate?

It could have been at a restaurant or home cooked... Please share!
Wendy
sanfrangirl
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 11
Well...there have been so many! I have gone to La Grande Orange Cafe in Pasadena 3 times in the past two weeks to eat this: Swordfish Taco Platter. OMG! The juiciest, most flavorful grilled swordfish with homemade corn tortillas, absolutely flavorful guacamole, amazing salsa and their healthy and delicious kale slaw, slightly crunchy, lightly dressed, with a bit of quinoa and sun-dried tomatoes. Fkusna! (Russian for delcious)
Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 5,266
Sounds delish! I personally no longer order swordfish as they are becoming an endangered species, but that's just me... If I ever caught one, I'd release it if possible...
Wendy
sanfrangirl
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 12
I know that swordfish is endangered, Darrell. I guess I made a mistake in putting it up here--got my hand slapped!
Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 5,268
Personally I prefer roasted spotted owl with an orange sauce...

No... sorry, not trying to admonish you, but as a fisherman, I'm just a bit more sensitive to the swordfish plight.

Besides if it was the best meal you ever ate, that's all it is...