L.A. Foodies Message Board New Event Announcements and or Changes to Events › AYCE Korean BBQ Ay Do No ~ Hollywood Oct 16th Tomorrow

AYCE Korean BBQ Ay Do No ~ Hollywood Oct 16th Tomorrow

Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
AYCE Korean BBQ Ay Do No ~ Hollywood Oct 16th Tomorrow

This email is being sent to the YES rsvp's and the Wait List.

Hello KBBQ Fans!

As you probably know, we have a HUGE Wait List of over  40 members between the various groups. So in order to accommodate everyone and to avoid Wait Listers from grabbing a seat held by a member that has a YES RSVP, we will be checking the YES rsvp's when you pay at the register and only those on the YES list will be allowed to pay and be seated. When you pay, you will receive a wrist band and you must wear it in order to be served food. We have booked the entire restaurant, so you will not be able to just show up and crash the event, sorry, every seat is accounted for. YES rsvp's will be held until 7:20pm. If you arrive later than that, you may have to wait until a seat becomes available or just come for the 8:30pm seating. They normally close around 11pm but they might stay open a little later if we are still hanging around.

It will be packed! Arrive early for best parking options and best service. I will be arriving here by about 6:30-6:45 to nail down the logistics of this event, but feel free to get here a little early and get your drink on before dinner service begins. If you have a YES rsvp be sure you arrive before 7:20pm. After that time, if there are members present who are on the wait list will be given your seat.

Pay Before Seating: When you pay the cashier, you will be given a wristband as proof of payment, please wear the band or you will not be served food.
The cost of the meal is the $21.99 option discounted to $15.00 plus $5.00 for tax and tip, so an even $20 and you will be paid in full for this evening of BBQ meats, kimchee and debauchery!

Wait Listers: Seats should be opening up by around 8:30 to 9:00 so we welcome you to come by for the second seating. If you want to take a chance to get a seat at the first seating, we will accept wait listers after 7:20pm but be advised, if all the seats are taken, you will have to wait. But, they do have a bar but no alcohol, so you are welcome to BYOB and have your self a drinky or two... or three... while waiting for a seat to open up. We will take your name and call you in the order you arrived.

Supporting Members: If you are a current SM (donation made within 12 months) and are on the Wait List, please email Darrell and I will see if I can add you to the Yes RSVP's or at the very worse, you will be added to the top of the Wait List.

BYOB/Free Corkage: There will be free corkage! We will have the entire restaurant, so you are welcome to hang out and socialize with everyone at the tables while waiting for a seat. Bring a bottle of booze to share and you'll make lots of friends this evening no doubt. Me... I love KBBQ and Scotch... so I'm at least bringing a bottle of Scotch... I like sparkling wine too... so I might bring a bottle of that as well. If you come empty handed and decide you want to get your drinky on, you can walk over to the liquor store 3 doors over and pickup whatever you want.

Price: On their website it only advertises their basic menu which doesn't include the ribeeye steak, pork belly, kalbi and other premium cuts of meat. $21.99 discounted to $15.00 plus add $5.00 for tax and tip adds up to $20.00 total. Please bring cash if you can to speed up check in and payment.

PARKING: It's gonna be tight finding parking. On Bronson Ave North of Hollywood Blvd, there's usually some free spaces to park. But... with 70-100 members attending, they will ALL get taken. You might be able to valet park or self park for $2.50 across the street at the Thai Palms parking garage on the south side of Hollywood Blvd. with the entrance on Bronson Ave. BUT... they will ask you where you are going... if you say Thai Palms, it will be $2.50 but if you say Ay Do No... it might be $7.50 for parking. This area is tough for parking, so try to arrive early for your best options. You also might find parking in other paid lots or free parking if you are willing to walk a few blocks.

METRO/PUBLIC TRANSIT: The Hollywood/Vine Metro Station is about 3 blocks west of the restaurant. If you live near a MetroRail Station such as the NoHo or one of the downtown Metro stations, this is a great, stressfree way to get to the restaurant and save on gas, parking and traffic hassles. If you plan on getting wasted this evening... then definitely consider the Metro to have a crazy fun but safe night of good eats, drinks and partying... If you are in Pasadena or the Fairfax area you can take the 180/181 bus and it will drop you off right at the front door of the restaurant for a $1.50. Use google maps by clicking on the Venue in the Event Posting or go here http://goo.gl/maps/jQ...­ then choose "Get Directions" then input your location, then choose the Bus Icon and presto you will be presented with several public transit options. Gas and parking fees can easily exceed the cost of the meal so save, save... save!