addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

L.A. Foodies Message Board L.A. Foodies+ Discussion Forum › HOST A FOREIGN EXCHANGE STUDENT!

HOST A FOREIGN EXCHANGE STUDENT!

Laura
SexyLatina2006
San Bernardino, CA
Post #: 69
My name is Laura Batista and I am the local Area Representative for the Center for
Cultural Interchange, a Chicago based non-profit organization that sponsors and places high school
exchange students with volunteer host families in the United States for the academic semester or year.

I am currently seeking qualified families that might be interested in cultural exchange and volunteering
to host a high school exchange student. Volunteer host families provide the meals for the exchange student
and a place to stay (a student must have his or her own bed in either a separate room or in a shared room with
a host sibling of similar age and same gender).
Students have their own spending money to cover personal expenses and have accident and health
insurance through the program. Host families are not compensated for hosting a high school exchange
student per U.S. Department of State regulations. However, families are eligible for a modest tax
deduction for each month they host a student.

We are currently seeking host families for several 15-18 year old boys and girls from countries such as
Germany, Belgium, Taiwan, Vietnam, Hungary, Poland, Colombia, Brazil, and China among many
others. I will be more than happy to forward you bios, of some of the students we are seeking host
families for, to review. We do our best to match students with host families based on similar hobbies and
interests in order to ease the student's transition into U.S. family life and culture.

Who can host a student? CCI host families come in all shapes and sizes and represent the diversity of
American culture. Our families are of varied economic, religious and racial backgrounds and include
working parents, couples without children, singles and single parents, adoptive parents, empty-nesters,
in addition to the traditional nuclear family. All host families complete an application and must clear a
background check.

Please let me know if you would be interested in hosting an exchange student.
More information about CCI can also be found on our
website at www.cci-exchange.org

CCI is designated by the United States Department of State as a J-1 Exchange Visitor Program Sponsor
for the Secondary School program. CCI is currently granted full listing by the Council on Standards for
International Educational Travel (CSIET). We are also a member of the World Youth Student and
Educational Travel Confederation (WYSTC), GWEA: Global Work Experience Association, and The
Alliance for International Educational and Cultural Exchange.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.