L.A. Foodies Message Board L.A. Foodies+ Discussion Forum › Say Hello to the NEW Border Grill Downtown LA and Celebrate the LAST DAYS o

Say Hello to the NEW Border Grill Downtown LA and Celebrate the LAST DAYS of Ciudad

Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 4,720
Say Hello to the NEW Border Grill Downtown LA and Celebrate the LAST DAYS of Ciudad

"Too Hot Tamales" Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger invite you to welcome their new Border Grill to the neighborhood, and say a fond farewell to their Downtown Los Angeles restaurant Ciudad. Ciudad is set to transform into the hip, urban cantina that is Border Grill in early October.

With the best margaritas in town coming to Downtown, Mary Sue and Susan are excited about the fun energy of Border Grill meeting up with Ciudad's cosmopolitan vibe.

"It's gonna be all our huge, bold flavors perfect for sharing with friends in the heart of the city," said Co-Chef/Owner Susan. "Fans of our modern Mexican cuisine have been asking for a Border Grill Downtown LA for years and we're thrilled to finally make it happen," added Co-Chef/Owner Mary Sue. "And before the transformation, we get to celebrate the last days of our beloved Ciudad."

Special Offers
Featuring a fantastic line-up of special offers and giveaways, the Last Days of Ciudad Celebration kicks off on Friday, September 10 with a Border Grill Downtown LA $10 Dining Card going to every Ciudad guest while supplies last.

In the coming weeks, watch for more exciting offers, including a chance to win a Border Grill Truck party for 25 people, as well as tickets to the exclusive Border Grill Downtown LA Grand Opening.

Last Days of Ciudad Celebration
Friday, September 10 through Saturday, October 2, 2010

Border Grill Downtown LA - Soft Open
Early October 2010

Border Grill Downtown LA - Grand Opening Party
Stay tuned for details about this exclusive bash!

Ciudad
445 S. Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Wendy
user 5541560
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 592
I was bummed hearing Ciudad was turning into Border Grill, I would have preferred the opposite, or leaving it the way it is. The Pollo Ciudad is pretty much the best chicken I've ever had, and it's a pretty healthy dish too!

I ate there for lunch today, using one of FIVE $30 Bloomspot coupons I got just for that chicken! They did confirm that the new restaurant will honor the Ciudad coupons.