addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

L.A. Foodies Message Board Newsletter Archives › LA Foodies and Asian Foodies Newsletter 9-21

LA Foodies and Asian Foodies Newsletter 9-21

Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Springfield, VT

Hello Foodies!

Read My Newsletter Before Publication - I've been using the "About" pages to create and edit my newsletters. Sometimes, I don't get them sent out as early as I should, so I've decided that everyone can now see my newsletters while they are being edited in almost real time. Just go to the About page and at the bottom of the page, if I'm working on a new newsletter (AKA NL), it will show up there so you can see the latest news and hottest deals before I even publish the newsletter. If you want me to add something to the NL, please feel free to email me and if appropriate, I'll add it in.

DineLA Events - Wow, even though we have a lot of DineLA events, they are all full with wait lists. Instead of hoping to get a seat at one of these events... Become a one time Event Host and you rsvp the restaurant at the time and date that you wish. Then contact one of our AO's or me to make you an Event Host and you can write up your event. Hint: Copy one of the write ups you like and then modify it to make it your own. Try it out. If you enjoy being in charge and would like to become an Event Organizer, then contact Darrell.

Vote for SuNny - Please Vote for SuNny by going to Deglazing the Foodie Terrain To vote, it is a small box just above her banner near the top of the page.

Burger Kitchen JAM IT UP TIME! - The restaurant seats a bit over 70 and we haven't had a "JAM IT UP" event in a LONG time... So I'm going to remove the seat limit and if you like to attend, but can't at 6:30pm... come by later, say 7:30 or 8pm and I'll see if we can get Alan to extend his HH deals or what... So join in the fun! Click here

Creme Fraiche - Is pretty hard to find or expensive but an excellent substitute is the Mexican Crema Fresca Casera, which translated means Fresh Cream and Casera means home made or house made. Like Creme Fraiche, you can cook with it and it doesn't curdle so it's excellent for making sauces, soups and gravies. Also delicious with fresh fruits and many desserts. My understanding is that the fat percentage is a little lower than creme fraiche.

Fresh Dates - LA Times has a article on fresh dates and says they are better than the dried dates. I saw some at Super King last week... I guess I'll have to buy some to check them out.

Let's Share some Culture - I bought the below MOCA Museum deal which was $50. Would anyone like to buy 1/2 of it for $25. Each membership will admit two adults plus the reciprocal museums membership. The membership card would be in your name when we register. Please email me if interested.

My Favorite Deals of the Day - Well... Restaurant.com has added some great new restaurants including Pink Taco, Pizza Rustica, Tokyo Shabu Shabu, the Bungalow, Lola's Peruvian, Happy Sheep Shabu & Grill, Da Vinci, Phong Dinh (home of exotic proteins), Philippe and many more outstanding restaurants. Also, many of the discounts are for much larger amounts than the prepaid vouchers. Plus right now, you get 80% off the certs i.e. $100 discount for $40 -80%=$8.00. EO's

Another is LivingSocial.com Zengo - New SM Place Latin-Asian Fusion

Bloomspot Tanzore, an upscale Indian Restaurant in BH. $30 for a Prix Fixe dinner for two. Group friendly. The food looks amazing... not your typical Indian restaurant. Also, 80% Off is back for Restaurant.com. DealPop has a terrific deal $50 off for a Celebrity Food & Style Charity Benefit In Beverly Hills. The star line look incredible. Hobnob with the rich and famous in Beverly Hills.

Frugal Foodies - Post your groupons/vouchers on our forum that you wish to sell, buy or share. CLICK HERE

Upcoming Events - Check out our LA Foodies Calendar HERE­ and our Asian Foodies Calendar HERE­

Daily Deals
LivingSocial.com­ Zengo - New SM Place Latin-Asian Fusion
Dealpop.com­ - Tango lessons, S.M.
Groupon.com­
BloomSpot.com­ - Tazore Indian Restaurant in BH. Prix Fixe dinner for two. Group friendly.
Tippr.com­ - Fitness Classes
SocialBuy.com­ - Vee Cafe
AtCost.com­
BlackBoardEats.com­ - il Grano
Restaurant.com­ - 9/20/10 - 80% OFF Promo Discount Code = SHARE
Greatworkperks.com­ - $8 off LA County Fair Tix
Goldstar­

LAfoodies.org­
AsianFoodies.info

Okay, that's it for today!

Darrell Lee
Organizer