add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

L.A. Foodies Message Board L.A. Foodies+ Discussion Forum › Bodega Wine Bar

Bodega Wine Bar

user 5541560
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 626
Went to the Bodega Wine Bar last night with a girlfriend. It's a nice little spot in Santa Monica (Broadway and Lincoln) and there is ample parking on the street. There are other locations too. The ambiance was very romantic, it would be a great spot for a date. We got the fingerling potatoes, the toasted brie on challa bread with grapes and the goat cheese / pear salad. I got the sangria and my girlfriend got a gimlet. Everything was divine. I was satisfied although not stuffed - sharing one more small plate would have been more than enough. We used a coupon, I think it was bloomspot ($15 for $30 worth of food and drink). It was affordable as it was (about $9 per plate or drink) but an even better deal with the discount, obviously. The final bill with tax and 20% tip on the original amount, including the $15 prepaid discount, came to only $20 pp. My only complaint is that the bar seating with no back support is not very comfortable. We sat on couches which was a little more comfortable, but still a little awkward to eat. I guess the seating makes sense though because it is supposed to be a wine bar with tapas style bites, rather than full meals, so I'll be forgiving about the seats.

Anyway, great place, highly recommended!