ForageCoCo Message Board ForageCoCo Discussion Forum › New Organizer - ForageCoCo

New Organizer - ForageCoCo

Del
Greetings Everyone!

I'm Del, and I'll be your new Organizer. :-)

I'd like to start out by saying, I'm totally more of a lurker than anything else, but I would love to see about growing this community - and I'd like your help to do it.

If you would be interested in helping out with coming up with ideas for meet ups, organizing events or helping out in other ways that I've yet to foresee, please drop me an email so we can start discussing it.

The first and most important thing you can do right now of course, is run on over to the poll and vote for a day in which we should try and schedule meet ups. You can only vote for one day right now, so choose the one in which you're most available.

The Second thing you can do to help out this community, would be to log in to Facebook and Join the ForageCoCo Group. I use Facebook a lot more than Meet Up, to be honest - and it's very likely things will be posted there before here. Here's the linky:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForageCoCo­

And the last thing (off the top of my head) is, if you know of a person, plant, place or other object of interest to the foraging community, pop on over to the Resources Discussion Forums and put it down. (Bonus points for identifying pictures in the case of plants, links in the case of people, and maps in the case of places.)

This community can only be successful if we all want it to succeed!

Del
A former member
Post #: 1
Thanks for stepping up Del. The next few Saturdays are busy for me, but generally that day would work (or Sundays) ... Hoping more people will respond and we can get out and do some foraging! I've been cooking with purslane a lot lately -- recipes anyone? Bought some foraged blackberries today for $1 from neighborhood girls with a stand on Center Ave. in Martinez. Jean