Jul 23, 2014 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
This event is co-hosted with the NYC Politics meetup group.
The "Dinner & Politics" series, offered by NYC Politics, provide a forum for people of various political ideologies to gather in friendly, civil, and intelligent political discussions over dinner.
Our objective: to foster an enjoyable dining experience from a myriad of affordable restaurants in NYC and allow members to discuss various important issues of the day.
This month we'll meet at the Galaxy Diner (click here for the menu). The maximum number of attendees will be capped at tweleve members, as the objective is to allow a free-flowing discussion in an intimate dinner setting. Here's a photo of the entrance to the restaurant:
The discussion topic is the escalating violence and the military tensions in Gaza. Possible sub-topics of discussion may include:
1) The Pre-1947 and Post-1947 settlement trends and tensions including: the past two Intifadas; various settlement and ceasefire agreements; and the "Roadmap" to peace.
2). The source of the recent episode of military tensions.
3) The current state of the regional geopolitics from the neighboring Arab states.
4) The recent formation of Palestinian unity government and its correlation to the current military tensions.
5) The humanitarian crisis confronted by over 1.5 million Gazans.
6) Should the U.S. reconsider its role in the Israel-Palestine policy?
7) Diplomacy 101: are the peace talks futile?
A strict RSVP compliance enforced -- if you fail to show up or chronically cancel your RSVP at the last minute, you'll be barred from attending future events. Each attendee is responsible for his or her portion of the restaurant bill, as each bill will be paid separately.