St. Patty’s Day 2014 – Flash MOB OLD TOWN SQUARE
Have you ever been in a flash mob? Have you ever wanted to be in a flash mob? Well, now’s your chance. Announcing our very first flash mob.
What is a flash mob: A flash mob is a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and seemingly pointless act for a brief time, then quickly disperse, often for the purposes of entertainment, satire, and artistic expression.
We are putting together a flash mob to perform on St. Patty’s Day. Saturday, March 15th in Old Town Square before heading out to party this wonderfully famous holiday away. Drinking will be involved.
THIS EVENT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FIRST 75 PEOPLE TO RSVP – DO NOT RSVP JUST TO HOLD A SPOT! WE NEED ACTIVE PARTICIPANTS.
- St Patricks Day Flash Mob in Old Town Square
- Saturday, March 15th @ 1:00pm (After the parade)
- Old Town Square in front of Lucky Joes. (Please do not disclose the location)
- Volunteers to be in the flash mob. MEN and WOMEN!!!!!!!!
- This will consist of basic dancing. Easy steps but all choreographed. You do not need to know how to dance but just follow simple repetitive steps.
- Availability to attend 3 practices and a final run thru on the day of the event.
- Ability to have fun and be goofy in a controlled atmosphere. (meaning the dancing)
- We’ll need 1 person with a “Loud Boom Box”
- We’ll need 2 videographers with cameras (Not expensive ones)
What to wear: Any St. Patty’s Day attire accompanied with an original hat.
THIS EVENT WILL HAVE A HARD DEADLINE OF FEBRUARY 28TH DUE TO REHERSALS.
Rehearsal Location: Lee Martinez Park (We can then walk to old town on St. Patty’s day after the final walk through)
1st Rehearsal ~ Saturday, March 8th @ 1:00 ~ Lee Martinez Park
2nd Rehearsal ~ Sunday, March 9th @ 1:00 ~ Lee Martinez Park
3rd Rehearsal ~ Wednesday, March 12th @ 6:00 ~ Lee Martinez Park
Final Walk Through ~ Saturday, March 15th 11:00AM Lee Martinez Park
We would love to have a GREAT turn out to this event. Fun will be had by all. After the Flash Mob we plan on partying in Old Town to celebrate.