Fort Myers Preppers Message Board › Ham Radio

Ham Radio

A former member
Post #: 51
Hey Tom, I am on board with Randy. So count me in for at least one. Still trying to decide between the 2 & 3, leaning more towards the 2 after your last email. Looks like I have to start studying again.

Tom M
user 45905232
Fort Myers, FL
Post #: 29
HAM RADIO TECHNICIAN LICENSE STUDY GUIDE

http://www.rtsi.com/~...­

Here is a link to a good home study guide. I suggest using it in conjunction with the free practice exams...available @ qth.com, qrz.com, or arrl.org Feel free to contact me with ???

Tom
AC4TM
A former member
Post #: 3
I say lets make commitments on purchasing a radio prior to the next meeting and bring our money at that time.

Any hesitations?

The sooner we get commitments the sooner we can get the radio's. I'm excited because I'm also slated to take the tech test in june and would love to get a "preppers ham group" with some freq's assigned by tom!!

what do you all think??
A former member
Post #: 52
I say lets make commitments on purchasing a radio prior to the next meeting and bring our money at that time.

Any hesitations?

The sooner we get commitments the sooner we can get the radio's. I'm excited because I'm also slated to take the tech test in june and would love to get a "preppers ham group" with some freq's assigned by tom!!

what do you all think??

Hey Randy, when in June are you taking your test? Maybe I can be ready to take it too. I am planning on meeting you guys @ Koreshan park in the afternoon when you get back from the cannery to p/u my order.

Steve
A former member
Post #: 4
I'm taking the test on June 14th at the EOC in Fort Myers, test starts at 6:30, on the website for the ham group in Fort Myers there are some test day items to bring like a "fcc registration" which took 30 seconds. Downside is I'm on the grid so to speak, but with my background I'm already in all sorts of Gov't data bases!!
Bill4191775
user 9391525
Naples, FL
Post #: 12

Any hesitations?

what do you all think??

I agree with this approach. Let's commit and pony up at the next meeting. Count me in for one unit.
A former member
Post #: 56

Any hesitations?

what do you all think??

I agree with this approach. Let's commit and pony up at the next meeting. Count me in for one unit.

I am in for two units, one for me and one for a fellow prepper at work. We are fine with either unit, what ever the majority decides to go with.
A former member
Post #: 3

Any hesitations?

what do you all think??

Count me in. I definitely want one of these (whichever the group agrees on).
A former member
Post #: 5
I'm in for 2 units.
A former member
Post #: 59
If everyone is ok with it, I'll take orders/money at our upcoming meeting. I already have order & money from 3 members.

Why don't we get the uvd3 units...as they will have the most recent software, ect (according to supplier)

They are $3.00 more than the uvd2....so $108 per unit + $3.00 shipping = $111.00

Hey Tom, That sounds great. Looks like I have one more radio to add to the two that are already paid for.

Steve