Fort Myers Preppers Message Board › Ham Radio

Ham Radio

Tom M
user 45905232
Fort Myers, FL
Post #: 58
Wouxun Manual (American English)

Here is a link to an "americanized" english version of the radio manual. It may help with some of the questions regarding terminology !!!

http://lggagnon.files...­

Tom
Bill4191775
user 9391525
Naples, FL
Post #: 21
I still have 7 radios to distribute, and will bring them to the meeting Monday nite
Start thinking about what accessories you might want,

Tom

Thanks Tom. I was going to post to ask you about this. I will be there Monday night to pick my two up.
A former member
Post #: 85
WOUXUN UV3D OPERATION CLASS

Those interested in a short instructional class on operation of their new Wouxun handheld radio, let me know if you would be interested in attending on a week nite ..over a weekend, or ....???

I would think that a 2 hour block of time would be all that we need. Plus a place to meet at.
Any ideas welcome....I think we should do this soon, so everyone can get to know how to use the radios, and clear up any questions.

Tom

Saturdays work best for me, cant make it Sundays (Our Lords Day)but will go with what works best for all. Looking forward to the class.
A former member
Post #: 10
I can do either as well, though week nights are usually better. We can meet in the meeting rooms of any of the local libraries - perhaps the one in North Fort Myers on old 41?

~ Roshan
Bill4191775
user 9391525
Naples, FL
Post #: 22
I am pretty open on the time.
A former member
Post #: 16
I'm not sure where all the radios went, but I suspect we will have a half dozen (or more) folks from Naples so maybe something a little more centrally located would be better. I spoke with Betsy at the South County Regional Library, 21100 Three Oaks Parkway in Estero, FL 33928 and she said that Wednesdays in July are pretty open (FREE and air conditioned). We would have to be "out the door" by 7:45 pm so we may want to schedule the meeting for 5:30-7:30 pm, if we decide on this option. I'm available the next two Wednesdays, if that works for everybody else. I am also available for a weekend meeting after the middle of the month.
A former member
Post #: 86
I'm not sure where all the radios went, but I suspect we will have a half dozen (or more) folks from Naples so maybe something a little more centrally located would be better. I spoke with Betsy at the South County Regional Library, 21100 Three Oaks Parkway in Estero, FL 33928 and she said that Wednesdays in July are pretty open (FREE and air conditioned). We would have to be "out the door" by 7:45 pm so we may want to schedule the meeting for 5:30-7:30 pm, if we decide on this option. I'm available the next two Wednesdays, if that works for everybody else. I am also available for a weekend meeting after the middle of the month.

I will be driving in from Tampa during the week, so 5:30 in Estero would be difficult for me to make. Coming form North Port is an hour drive and from Tampa 2 1/2 hrs. :-(
A former member
Post #: 89
Steve,
Because of the distance you have to drive,and the time involved, if you want, I'll meet with you somewhere as your schedule allows....

Let me know what your time frame is and I'll work with you to set it up.

Tom

Tom, thank you so much for the generous offer. I will try to make arrangements to meet with the rest of the group. It would be helpful it it was at 6:00 rather than 5:30. I have to leave work early on July 9th to finish the CCW class and Friday the 13th I have schedule conflicts all day long. Other than those days, I guess I will see if I can get off early to make the meeting. Thanks again for the offer.

Steve
A former member
Post #: 2
Hey Tom,

I just ordered my Wouxon through the website, it should be here next week. I will need you to program it for me and would love a short "refresher" course! Thanks for all you do to help out newbies like me.

For King and Country,

Scott
Tom M
user 45905232
Fort Myers, FL
Post #: 65
Here is a link to a video regarding the ISS and Ham Radio...

http://www.youtube.co...­