Fort Myers Preppers Message Board › Ham Radio

Ham Radio

A former member
Post #: 3
Very Cool! "Hamming" it up at 27,000 mph.
Tom M
user 45905232
Fort Myers, FL
Post #: 71
REMINDER........

HAM RADIO TECHNICIAN LICENSE STUDY GUIDE

http://www.rtsi.com/~...­

Here is a link to a good home study guide. I suggest using it in conjunction with the free practice exams...available @ qth.com, qrz.com, or arrl.org Feel free to contact me with ???

Tom
A former member
Post #: 4
Hey Tom,

The link above cannot be found. Can you check it?

Thanks,

Tom M
user 45905232
Fort Myers, FL
Post #: 72
Try it now....must be a problem with trying to copy the entire posting.....
A former member
Post #: 5
Now it works. Thanks.
Bob
user 9624488
Port Charlotte, FL
Post #: 4
Do we have enough interest in obtaining more radios, to start a list??? Remember, we need at least 12 to get the discount. If not, individuals can purchase (for a little more $) a radio from "Power Werx" ..I have the program and database and will install it for anyone needing it...or if you have the programming cable, I can send the info to you for installation from your PC.

Also, anyone needing instruction on the Wouxun radios, please contact me...we can set up a time/place to get together...

Tom

Tom, I'd be interested in two to build a portable repeater...........
A former member
Post #: 2
FYI the Naples Ham Club website.
ARASWF Naples
Pat H.
user 10242997
Cape Coral, FL
Post #: 1
I'm a new member. Would you be able to include me in the purchase? Pat
A former member
Post #: 8
Hello Tom and all members,

I am visiting the area and I am an active Extra Class Operator/VE W4DAA. I am a member of WNC Preparedness Group out of Ashville NC and our group is working on setting up a regional net that we can all keep in contact in any situation that may arise in the future. It is good to know that other groups are actively putting together networks and practicing emergency communications for their area. It would be nice to communicate with other groups outside our area through ham bands. Keep up the great work Tom. :-)
Tom M
user 45905232
Fort Myers, FL
Post #: 92
Thanks Dan, I sent you a E-mail outlining some of our nets and freqs. Perhaps we can get together and work out some freqs / times for a network ??? I included my phone # in the E-mail.