Fort Myers Preppers Message Board › Ham Radio

Ham Radio

Tom M
user 45905232
Fort Myers, FL
Post #: 93
I'm a new member. Would you be able to include me in the purchase? Pat

Hi Pat, and all others interested in Ham Radio. We don't presently have a list of persons wanting to purchase a radio, and we need at least 12 to get a small discount ($10). Contact me for ordering info to purchase one on your own. When it arrives, I will be available to program your unit and instruct you on operation of it. I strongly reccommend getting your Technician class Ham Radio License. ( it's not difficult...I have a link to a GREAT study guide available on line (free) ) Our club offers classes for those wanting to learn all the ins and outs, and we provide free testing each month.
A former member
Post #: 9
Hello Tom

I have about 8 people looking for radios in my group that may be interested in purchase. I am doing a class on Jan 5th and will include info for purchase if you would like me too. drop me a note and let me know. Thank you for the note and invite but I do not have any radios with me bad bad boy I know but is a short trip. I would like to keep in touch and maybe working out an HF Net with our group to your group sometime in January or February.

73's Daniel W4DAA
Tom M
user 45905232
Fort Myers, FL
Post #: 94
To those looking for info on the handheld radios

Here is the link for Power Werx: http://www.powerwerx....­

The model you need is the: KG-UV3D-2/420-520

Here is the link for the study guide for the Technician license...

http://www.rtsi.com/~...­

Tom M
user 45905232
Fort Myers, FL
Post #: 101
Congrats to Craig...He has passed the General Class Ham license exam !!! Great job Craig & welcome to the "General" level of privileges on the Ham Bands !!!!