Fort Myers Preppers Message Board › LDS Cannery Trip on February 9, 2013

LDS Cannery Trip on February 9, 2013

Sapper S.
SapperSam
Naples, FL
Post #: 17
Fellow Preppers,

The Naples Preppers have organized a trip to the Latter Day Saints (LDS) Cannery in Davie, FL for Saturday, February 9, 2013. The opportunity to obtain food items on this trip will be made available to anyone in the Fort Myers Preppers Meetup group on a "space available" and first-come-first-served basis. Of necessity, all purchases will be handled in cash. If you think this is something you might be interested in, use this form to submit your order:

You can email us at naplespreppers[at]gmail.com or call me directly at 776=6767.

Semper Paratus,

Sapper Sam
Sapper S.
SapperSam
Naples, FL
Post #: 18
PS You can also download and print a copy of the above form at:
http://providentlivin...­
Charley
P.R.E.P.
Loxahatchee, FL
Post #: 186
I recommend that you take a moment to double check prices on their products. Often you can buy cheaper than they can offer. Especially if you are traveling longer distances to get there due to fuel.
Colleen
user 13074872
Cape Coral, FL
Post #: 1
Packed in #10 cans with a 30 years shelf life? Can you give us some ideas or specifics on where you can get things cheeper? I could use some fresh ideas. I can buy macaroni cheeper but then have to use oxygen absorbers, mylar and buckets and seal it myself. Milk is expensive and heavy/costly to ship.
A former member
Post #: 8
http://www.youtube.co...­ This is a link to Wendy Dewitts video. She is a LDS coordinator, for food storage. The video is 1 1/2 hours but worth it. Buckets and mylar no good. She says lots of food stored that way has been returned to cannery. I will post a link to her PDF also. It will help put system to storage. I wish I had started here, I would have saved $$$$
A former member
Post #: 9
http://allaboutfoodst...­ This is the system, simply pick 7 dinners/7 breakfasts from her menu, multiply ingredients x 52 = 1 year. take list to cannery buy what you need. Also lots of good info on solar ovens and vacuum sealers. credit to Ferfals Blog where I found the links. Hope it helps
Colleen
user 13074872
Cape Coral, FL
Post #: 2
This is where I first learned to do this. She wrote Everything Under The Sun and Everything Made Simple. I used her method to create my excel spreadsheet that automates my grocery list for my 14 days of meals. I'm not sure why you say mylar and buckets are not good. They have been tested after 20 or more years and the food been perfectly fine. Buckets are the preferred method for most Preppers that I know of. I think LDS is more convenient because of the smaller cans and ability to stack them in the boxes.
A former member
Post #: 10
During the video she talks about problems with buckets. I know my Wise stuff is all in buckets. I was just passing along. I know that if you keep searching on here you can find someone who swears by storing in old Big Mac containers . I will look for those two books, esp the sun cooking.
A former member
Post #: 3
I posted both Everything Under the Sun and Everything Made Simple in the files section. These are great materials and they saved me untold money and time.
Sapper S.
SapperSam
Naples, FL
Post #: 19
Hey CC Prepper, I'm not finding those files. Maybe they didn't actually get posted after all for some reason. Please try again as I'm sure there are folks, like me, who are interested in reading them. Thanks!