This workshop is designed to teach anyone to do outdoor portraits. We will spend a majority of our time on the grounds of Thanksgiving Point. This is not a presentation or a lecture. This is as hands-on as it gets. I will teach:
- Creating portrait lighting in sunlight, shade, or nighttime - using the existing light - no flashes necessary! Creating amazing portraits is a matter of understanding light. You will understand how light is used to beautify people. I'll teach you different lighting techniques (Rembrandt, butterfly, profile, and silhouette) - and how to create them outdoors without using a flash.
- Make your photographs unique and stylish using creative composition techniques. There are lots of ways to create portraits that are boring or just bad. I'm going to teach you how to make them fun and cool and professional.
- Making people look better than they look. As a photographer, you can make people look much worse, or much better, than they actually are. You will learn the essential techniques in making people look good (which is the whole point of being a photographer).
- How to blur and background and make your subject stand out. Most photographers don't use depth of field to make their portraits awesome. I will teach you how to do it.
- The fundamentals of f-stop, shutter speed, and ISO. You must know how to use these key functions of your camera. I will be sure you know how and why you adjust these three on your camera. This is important folks.
This workshop is meant for someone who is ready to take his or her photography to the next level and be able to create portraits that people will pay money for. These are the same principles we use at FotoFlyAway to create our own portrait masterpieces!